Chapter Nine

Ryan looked at me as he knew that all that was on my mind was getting revenge on Katie and those monsters she had created, he looked out the window hearing more screams and well I guessed that he and I both knew we had no chance especially not against someone who had made a full army of the undead. I sighed as I lay my head on Ryan's shoulder we both knew that this wouldn't be an easy ride but what could we do? We both knew things were never going to be easy because even if this infection or whatever it was ended we would have to rebuild our lives once again. I bit my lip as I thought about all the good times me and my family had the fun times Katie and I used to have, it was all gone none of it even mattered anymore Katie wasn't my friend she was a bloodthirsty monster who loves killing living people. I looked at Ryan as I wondered if he had thoughts about his life before all of this, but it didn't look like it because he still was kind off undead himself so I doubt he would remember. He looked at me giving a soft smile as he got up and took both my hands in his we looked into each others eyes knowing that once this fight began, we might both die or one or the other would and we wouldn't see each other again. I just hoped things turned out how we had been training for all the zombies in the airport had been learning more and more, I just hoped they are not turning human for now because I knew that we would need all the help we could get.

I looked down then back to Ryan I smiled softly as he pulled me closer to him we locked our lips softly together in a long kiss, our eyes closed as we both smiled against each others lips we opened our eyes to see the zombies and Luke staring at us. I bit my lip as my cheeks turned a soft pink I knew it was now or never we either make our move or we let the bad ones win, but I knew who I was going after first Katie was the one who made my life a living hell the moment she turned into one of those undead monsters.

"Shall we try and fight or?" I asked

"I think we should wait until the morning because then you will have a clear head" he replied

"I do have a clear head I just want Katie to pay for what she has done not only to me but to Matt" I sighed "If only for her we would never have had to deal with her attacking me and so on" I frowned

"She couldn't help turning you know that Mia" he frowned "whatever made her turn must off killed her or something I don't know, but you can't blame her for attacking you it's a zombie natural thing" he told me

"I know I know" I looked at him "I guess I just want to know what turned her she wasn't bitten she wasn't anything really" I looked at him as I spoke

"I know, but there is nothing we can do now but fight those things she has made," he said

I nodded as I couldn't help but agree with him he was right about everything I guess things were all just getting to me a little too much, but that would be expected since I was finding it hard to cope without my little brother around Matt used make sure I kept a straight mind so that I didn't feel like I do now. We all agreed to get some rest tonight then begin the revenge in the morning, while everyone went and did their own thing Ryan and I cuddled and kept from each other as we thought about what the future had in mind. I looked up at him not to sure if things would get better or worse I knew what I wanted from life now and the future but I wondered if it would ever happen, I took in a breath and I closed my eyes but Ryan had dozed off before me and no matter what I did I just couldn't get myself to fall asleep.

As morning came I was up and ready to fight long before Ryan and the others I got myself geared up and ready for this war between good and evil, but I knew one person I was still going to take more of my anger out on I looked at the picture of Katie and I camping last year and I just threw it down. I turned when the others groaned and Ryan touched my shoulder I looked at him as we went into the city, we became the hunters and we found what we were looking for the black creatures were just another one of Katie's little creations which would die like should today. As the fight started Ryan kept by me as we went looking for Katie, I was not letting her get away without a punishment Ryan knew I was going to be a little more aggressive toward her than I should be but what could I do. Her horrific scream was the last thing my brother heard before he died and I wasn't going to let her win knowing I couldn't cope, I seen her and ran at her tackling her to the ground I did my best to hurt her which soon she bit me and my blood was over her. Ryan pulled me away as he fired a gun which made Katie run deeper into the place they had taken over, I looked at Ryan feeling quite stupid now knowing that I might be turning into one of those zombies but for some reason I didn't feel sick like I bet they all started feeling.

We all had to pull back as the military got involved nearly killing us all the zombies left by another exit so that the military didn't kill them, Ryan got me out the same way and we all went somewhere safe the airport was covered now in military I knew now we were hopefully going to find a cure. We ended up in some place which was cold and damp I felt weak quite quickly and I soon seen Katie her eyes and skin were turning human again, I threw a knife at her as she screamed not horrifically anymore she screamed more like a human. I slid down the wall feeling weaker Ryan quickly got some cold water and dumped me down trying to get me to feel alright again, Luke who was nearby tried to get something to try and help me but in my eyes it was too late. I didn't know what was happening to me was I turning or was dying I didn't feel sick right away, but now I was, which I believed wasn't good I closed my eyes as I now realized what Ryan had meant I felt his soft lips kiss my forehead and I bit my lip and looked at him.

"I love you, Ryan," I told him

"I love you too Mia" he replied smiling "you are going to be alright," he told me

I nodded and just closed my eyes again I started to fall asleep and soon I smelt Katie's perfume she had always worn no matter what she loves that make, I smiled softly as I could even smell my brother closer to me I smelt my mom and dad I opened my eyes but all I saw was dead. I looked to my right and seen Katie was sitting next to me now Ryan looked at me to see how I would react he had not done anything, I looked at her as she looked at me she was human now I gasped seeing that her eyes were that beautiful blue and her skin was soft and fair. I smiled happily glad to see my friend was among the living now, but I still felt bad that I had stabbed her she just hugged me and kept me close to her as did Ryan I looked down not knowing as my skin turned pale I knew that was it I was becoming the undead.

"Shh you are going to be Mia" she looked at me "your not going to be one of them I promise" she whispered

"H-How?" I replied

"We will save you," Ryan told me

I closed my eyes and that was it that is all I could remember...........