Chapter Eight

I sat with Ryan and his friend Luke who's name I had just found out from the name tag on his chest I had no reason to look at either off them other than if they spoke to me, Ryan took me hand softly in his but all my mind was on was the loss of my little brother. I took a breath as I kept replaying what had happened ever since we came into the city over and over again, but nothing ever matched up with what I had hoped the empty feeling of my brother not being there with me was just so unreal I never would off believed it. Yes we both may be annoying to one another but that is just how siblings are they have their good days and bad days, but if something happened the other was always there to help you out no matter what, but now I had no one. Of course I did have Ryan but that was different Matt and I had a whole special and different relationship than what Ryan and I have, Ryan was a zombie turning human again Matt was my brother I looked toward Ryan as he tried to get me to eat and drink something, but I pushed the food away. I looked at him with tears in my eyes I had not stopped crying since my brother was murdered, I just sighed keeping my eyes down as I thought this was all my fault I had no excuses now not saving him he was right next to me when they took him.

Ryan and Luke both looked at me which I had noticed as I looked up they had worried looks on their faces as if they were the ones worrying about my life now, I didn't see why with no parents no brother who else did I have apart from some zombies who had taken me in. I couldn't believe that my whole life was turned upside down over something so stupid like Katie and those pathetic zombies, I couldn't take the pain anymore it was just so unbearable that all I did was cry and wish that I could turn back the clock. I knew that would never be possible though not now not ever if only I had stood my ground back at my house Katie would off still been human and Matt still alive, I let Ryan's hand go and held my head trying to work out how I was ever going to cope now I had lost everything. I could understand not being able to save my parents because they were out side and well Matt and I made it home safe, how he heck when we came into the city that I just couldn't even save him once I shook my head as I kept muttering under my breath. Luke soon touched my arm as if to say things will get better but I just looked at him with a cold empty look, my brown eyes filled with tears as I looked back and forth to Ryan and Luke. To me now all I believed I was in a nightmare that I just couldn't wake up from I grabbed a tissue from the stand and wiped my eyes, they were now stinging from crying so much but that was understandable since I had not stopped crying since Matt was taken from us.

Luke and Ryan just kept talking I stood up and walked off I went into the ladies bathroom and threw some cold water over my face, I dried my face as I looked in the mirror I seen Matt I turned quickly and sighed it was my mind playing mean tricks on me. I knew I had to find away to revenge my brothers murder but how the heck could I even manage that without getting myself or anyone else killed? I slid down the wall in the bathroom as the door opened, it was a female zombie who had followed me she looked at me knowing I was upset since most of the zombie's here were looking more human I could tell. I pulled myself up as he handed me a picture I took it off her and seen it was Matt and me I bit my lip then looked at her nodding softly, she nodded and stood there looking at me as if she wanted to say something, but she just didn't she just looked at me then left.

"Wait," I said walking after her "thank you" I replied "for the picture" I took a breath looking at her

She just smiled as if she understood me and then walked off down the airport I looked over toward Ryan and Luke who were now watching me, I sighed then looked down at the picture I shook my head then ran toward the runway of the airport and stood by Matt's grave once again. I looked down at it and no matter what I tried to do I couldn't get myself to believe my brother was under that dirt, I soon heard foot steps behind me which of course I looked since we were now in the world of the zombies. Ryan and Luke had followed me to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid I guessed of course they would think that they're dead, Luke walked over with some kind of flower and put it down on Matt's grave then moved back Ryan then did the same but only Ryan lay two flowers one for me and one for him.