Chapter Two

I opened my eyes to Matthew and Katie were shaking me I looked at them slightly confused about what was going on they pointed toward the back door, I got up quickly grabbing the bat and walked into the kitchen I opened the curtain slightly more to see what was going on. It was Matthew and my parents they were shaking and banging on the door there eyes lifeless I quickly went back to Matthew and Katie, I worried for my brother as he had not seen dad yet I looked at Katie as I didn't really know what to do I held my brother close to me as I looked toward the back door. I looked back at Katie who was keeping extremely quiet and so was my brother and myself, I had no idea if there was ever going to be help coming for us because the looks of things there was never going to be help. I sighed as I went up the stairs taking Matthew up with me and we both packed up as much as we could and then went to the garage, which was attached to the side of the house we put our bags in the trunk I shook my head then let my brother go on up the stairs again to get a shower and fresh clothes. I looked at Katie as she looked at the clock I looked up at it as well seeing it was still night I just shook my head slightly annoyed, I looked back at her as she frowned at me she knew that we would have no choice but to leave this house sooner or later.

I went into the living room running my fingers through my long brown hair then sighed I leaned back on the couch trying to work out what to do next, I knew we couldn't stay here any longer things were going to get worse and I knew I couldn't put my little brother in any more danger. I looked over to Katie who was leaning against the doorway looking at me I just bit my lip as I kept my eyes on her for a moment, she walked over to me sitting down in the chair in front of me she took in a breath before letting a depressed sigh out.

"What are we going to do Mia?" she asked

I just shook my head "I don't know, but I know we will need to go to your house and let you get packing" I sighed "I just don't know what we are going to do after that because I doubt anyone will be coming to help us anytime soon" I told her

She nodded looking at me as Matthew came down the stairs I got up and went to the shower I stood there letting the water run over me, I had no clue if we were going to make it through whatever this thing was that was killing everyone and then bringing them back. I could hear Katie and Matthew speaking downstairs I just sighed then got myself cleaned up I got out of the shower then walked into my room. I dried myself off and put clean fresh clothes on then brushed my hair I looked at my mirror which had pictures of my family and friends, I sighed and pulled them all off putting them in my backpack and went downstairs. I saw that Matthew was eating so I just let him be I grabbed Katie who had been cleaning her plate in the kitchen I didn't know what to do but I knew we had to get to her house, I looked at her as she sighed and we both looked out at my dead parents.

"What Mia?" she asked

"We need to get to your house know any possible way for us to get there without my brother or anyone of us being killed," I asked her

"we could just risk it and go, but I doubt we are going to be safe until sun up," she told me

I shook my head then walked to my brother and sat down I held my head for a moment but soon smiled at my brother and tried to make the best of what we had right now, Katie followed me in and just sat down on the chair I knew she was right about risking it, but I just couldn't risk my brother. I knew Katie had lost everything, as well as me and Matthew, but I had to protect Matt and I would do whatever it took to protect him, I looked over at Matt as he finished eating he sat back and looked at me before hugging me I returned the hug.

"I think we should try and go to Katie's," he told me

"What?" I said shocked

"Well we will have to leave here no matter what and we know that, we may as well go now and get to Katie's risk it and just hope things go to plan" he told me "I love you sis but we need to try and find safety and this place isn't safe" he said

"If you are sure Matt but the first sign of trouble we get the heck out of there and just go we can even stop off at a few stores along the way" I said then nodded "okay so we are leaving this house"

Katie looked at me "thanks, Mia, and Matt" she said

We both just nodded to Katie "Welcome".

I watched Matt as he went up the stairs into the addict and then came back with some things I looked confused but soon seen he had brought things we could use to protect ourselves, I nodded and smiled then got everything ready I checked the car and seen the gas was full so I just nodded then walked back inside. I looked at them both as Matt walked out of the house and jumped in the back of the car, Katie soon jumped to the passenger side and I got on the drivers side after making sure we had everything from my house we needed. I started the car then opened the garage door and drove out onto the street which was covered in those things, I drove slowly and locked the door they didn't seem to notice that there was a moving car passing them which I was glad off. I looked back in the mirror toward my house as the garage door closed I looked down sighing as I said goodbye to myself to what was once my life.

We pulled up outside of Katie's house letting her run on in her street was now empty which was a good thing to see because if it was covered in those things I would off just went on, I waited on her and about a half hour later she came out with her bag and well fresh stuff on she jumped back into the car and I drove on. No longer would we return to what we once called home our lives were now different and going to be like that forever, I drove into the main city and soon we were trapped between those things and the car really. I looked at my brother as I then put my foot down and tried to drive through them I was scared because I had my best friend and brother in the car, I gasped as I ended up losing control of the car and turning down some random street I had no clue where I was going I ended up crashing the car into a lamp knocking us all out.