Chapter Three

I groaned waking up as my head was hurting really bad I had cut my head open and well I was feeling extremely sore from the crash I didn't think those lamps could do that much damage, I took off my seat belt and looked back toward Matt who was waking up he groaned in a painful way which made me know he was alive but nothing from Katie. I looked at her as Matt touched my arm he had taken off his seat belt and I knew then he was already as he looked at me, he was a little pale but not like the zombies which I had now chosen to call them as they were eating other people or turning them. I noticed a few people running past screaming, I looked in the direction they had ran from and a group of zombies was running after them. I gasped looking at Matt then I chose to try and wake Katie but nothing came from her not even a groan, I then bit my lip as I looked at Matt knowing we couldn't stay in this car if the zombies found out we were alive we were going to be dead. Matt soon got a little annoyed which I couldn't blame him I did just crash a car with him and Katie in it. He pushed Katie and her eyes opened quickly and tried to attack me, I screamed unlocking the car Matt got out quickly and I fell out Matt pulled me up quickly. I couldn't believe it Katie was a zombie how the heck could that even happen she didn't get bitten or die so I had no clue how that was even possible, I looked at Matt as we both noticed that some zombies had spotted us of course we were living and both had heart beats so we both quickly just ran. Matt stopped around the corner and I ended up pulling us into a small corner shop, he was seriously in pain and I had to do something to try and help my little brother.

"Matt it's okay," I said as I looked around

"I know, what are we going to do now?" he said as tears filled his eyes

I sat my brother down and just shook my head "let me worry about that" I said and began to look around the shop

I found some painkillers and water I went back to Matt giving him them then went back to looking around the shop trying to see if there was anything we could use, I soon felt light headed and fell to the ground Matt had noticed and came over putting his arms around me. I lay my head on my brother's shoulder he held me close to him which I didn't mind he was my little brother and I held him close to he gave me some painkillers as well, he then got something to help clean the blood from my head I was glad that he was alive I didn't know what I would do if he turned like Katie did. I sat with him in the shop trying to work out what had turned Katie I then heard the door open and I looked across toward the door, a zombie had come into the shop I quickly tried moving Matt and we ended up behind the counter hiding and hoping that the zombie didn't smell us. I then looked up as I heard the door again more of them must have smelt us and followed us. I saw one zombie had found us and I held Matt close he had blue eyes and lovely brown hair I pulled Matt behind me not caring if I was killed, but the zombie didn't hurt us he was bleeding and placed some of his blood over us both keeping us alive and safe. I looked at him confused not sure if he was trying to save Matt and I or was he planning on eating us later I took in a breath as he pulled me and Matt up and well they did walk slow so we stuck next to the zombie, the group he was with were quite violent but of course he got us out of there without anyone killing us.

"What are you?" I said then noticed Katie had managed to escape from the car

"Mia we have to go," Matt said

Katie screamed at us in a horrific voice and ran at us as if she knew we were the living she tackled Matt which I grabbed her and threw her away from my brother, the zombie then attacked her giving Matt and I the chance to run I grabbed him and just ran as fast as possible stopping a few blocks away.

"Matt are you okay?" I asked checking him to make sure he was alright

He pulled back and looked at me "I am fine your friend is a freak" he snapped at me