Chapter Seven

I cuddled happily into Ryan as we all slept I soon had a flash back when Katie and I were both younger how we used to pretend to be princesses, I then gasped waking up as I remember" the name Lana Katie used to play Princess Lana when we were younger. I bit my lip and then felt the caravan shaking Matt and Ryan soon quickly woke up as the caravan lifted completely off the ground and smashed upside down, I screamed scared as Ryan and I held each other Matt was stunned and I couldn't believe it was happening the glass in the caravan was over us all. Matt soon was pulled out and the horrific scream was around I then heard my brother scream and cry, I tried to get to him but the whole thing was covered in glass and I was stuck I noticed my brother being murdered in front of me.

"MATT" I screamed out as I began to cry "NO"

"Mia comes on," Ryan said

Ryan quickly pulled me out of the broken caravan and toward the airport we both ran as fast as we both possibly could with now the whole murdering zombies behind us, I didn't know if we could trust Ryan's friends but since he did I guess I had no choice. I was in tears as we ran my baby brother was now dead we had no weapons what so ever so we had nothing to protect us, Ryan pulled me into the airport as one of his friends quickly hid our smell if being alive with the smell of the undead just like Ryan did to Matt and I when we first met. I looked at Ryan in tears and shook my head I knew I should off did more to try and save my little brother but sadly I could do nothing now, he pulled me close to him and hugged me tightly as he looked at his friend I looked for his friends and those in the airport. His friend then took us somewhere to hide and we did the evil ones couldn't find us which I am guessing is good, but I was so heartbroken to know that now I had no one in my family alive I hugged my legs as Ryan held me close.

"Now I have no one Ryan," I said in tears

"You have me" he replied

"I know I do but I mean like my family, my brother was all I had left now I lost him I promised him I would keep him safe and live and all I did was help kill him" I said as I covered my face "he was too young to die" I looked at Ryan

"I know" he replied "I-I guess that is how things happen sometimes" he frowned as he held me close "he is safe now I wish he wasn't dead, but he is" he explained "maybe that is how things were meant to be"

I nodded looking down then bit my lip "I guess you are right" I replied

I pulled away from Ryan just so I could work out how I was going to get my brothers body I wasn't going to have him laying around for any more zombies to come and eat him, I shook my head as Ryan's friend came back he looked at me seeing I was crying Ryan got up and put his arm around me.

"I want my brothers body," I said

"N-N-Not safe," his friend said

"It maybe not but that is my little brother out there," I said angrily

"He was her only family" Ryan explained

"I-I help" his friend soon replied "I-I-I'm sorry for your loss" he told me

I tilted my head "are all zombies like you Ryan or are some just jerks and some nice" I looked at Ryan then looked at his friend "thank you" I nodded.

As night soon came around we made our way back to the now trashed caravan and I seen my brother's body lying there I ran quickly to him and cried, I put his head on my lap and of course Ryan and his friend picked up the body and helped me take it back to the airport. I remembered how my dad used to bring Matt and I to the airport to watch the planes Matt had always wanted to be a pilot, but now he would never be we walked into the airport and the other zombies all moved out of the way. I thought they would off attacked seeing it was a human body but clearly they had no interest what so ever or maybe they knew it was my brother, I walked with Ryan and his friend to the runway exit they put my brothers body down then looked at me.

"In the morning we will bury him," he told me

I nodded as tears filled my eyes "okay" I nodded 

I sat down next to my brother and stroked his cheek he looked so peaceful now as if he had not just died he was sleeping just, but I knew he was dead for good no coming back no turning human again just dead. I sighed wishing it could off been me instead of him he had everything ahead of him and so did I, but he had more, Ryan, and his friend stayed with me until morning then we moved my brother's body out to the grass on the runway and dug a whole for him. I looked at my brother as Ryan helped me wrap his body up in a few sheets so that hopefully he could rest in peace, I sighed as we then put him on the whole and I stood up Ryan put his arms around me as I broke down crying. Ryan held me close as his friend started to put the earth over my brother I turned and hid my face for a moment, I then looked at the final piece of were my brothers face would be I bit my lip as it soon disappeared under the dirt.

"I-I'm sorry," Ryan's friend said

I just nodded and watched as Ryan let me go and walked off slightly with his friend to give me a moment with my brother I sighed and looked down, the tears rolled down my cheeks as I knew that was it my brother was now gone forever I wouldn't be able to see his face or his smile ever again.

"I'm so sorry Matt I promised you I would keep you safe and alive but all I did was watch you get killed and I did nothing, but I promise you now I will make sure those zombies pay for taking you away from me" I said as tears fell to the ground "I hope you are safe now with mom and dad" I took in a breath kneeling down then whispered "Sleep tight little brother sleep well" I nodded getting up then walked over to Ryan.

Ryan's eyes were full of tears he left me with his friend and walked over to where Matt was buried and sighed I didn't know what he was saying to my brother, but I knew it was something nice as I knew Matt was seeing Ryan as a brother and I knew Ryan liked having Matt around as well. When Ryan came over we walked back inside the airport and to where the food court would be the other zombies were just walking around like nothing ever happened, I just sat down and stared at the table I was empty nothing was going to make me smile right now I just whispered sleep tight over and over again in my head to myself Ryan took my hand and I just didn't respond what so ever.