Chapter Six

I stretched in the morning as I opened my eyes Ryan was sitting next to me staring I jumped then laughed as I didn't expect him to be up before me, I looked over seeing Matt was already awake as well I just shook my head as I began to laugh once more. I got up then looked at Ryan then smiled touching his cheek as he came closer to me and kissed me softly I giggled and blushed lightly as he touched my cheek, I kissed him softly back softly then looked at him Matt whistled at us both because we kissed. I looked over at Matt who had cooked breakfast for us all I got up and went to the table and we all ate, I looked at Ryan as he got tucked into the food quite quickly I bit my lip and ate my meal then went to the bathroom brushing my teeth then went and grabbed my jacket. I then stopped in my tracks as I walked to the front door then turned and went right to Ryan, I looked into his eyes and he looked as if he was alive again, I smiled then kissed him softly again. We had fallen in love with each other but I knew he was becoming human and that worried me because if Katie had attacked again who says he would be that much stronger to save us, I just handed him a weapon then pecked his lips softly once more as Matt pushed him and I out the door we both gave a quiet laugh then walked down the stairs I checked this time then we walked outside.

We all started making our way toward the city once again we did our best to stay out of the site of the dead I noticed that Katie had some kind of army of the dead with her, I frowned she was once my best friend now she was a bloodthirsty killer. I frowned wondering would she ever be that girl I grew up with again but of course I was stupid to think that Matt and Ryan pulled me with them toward a store, we walked inside and took a deep breath as we began collecting what we needed. I noticed Ryan looking in a mirror as if he was trying to work out what was happening to him I didn't realize that zombies could turn back to human, but it could only be Ryan, I bit my lip as I walked over to him I wrapped my arms around his waist smiling softly. I leaned up kissing his cheek then grabbed a few new clothes for him because he looked like he would need them since he was getting his human life back, I looked out the window checking everything was clear but a few zombies were walking around they had not yet found the living smell which I was glad off for a change. I soon noticed that Katie was walking around she was screaming once again in her horrific tone which only sent shivers down your back, Ryan and Matt hit and so did I this time she didn't notice anything it must have been because we had hidden our smell this time. I bit my lip watching as she left I looked at Ryan as I hugged me and sighed knowing I was upset about the girl who was once my friend, I smiled slightly then went back to collecting I got us all what we needed and Matt did too Ryan took a few extra things and we started to make our way back toward the apartment.

"Wait," Ryan said as he noticed someone looking at him

"What is it?" I asked keeping close by him I noticed the person

"Can you help me?" the young girl said

She looked as if she was one of the dead as well I bit my lip looking at Matt he sighed then just nodded as if to say hurry up, I nodded looking at the girl she was about fourteen so we just took her along with us back to the apartment we had to make sure to be quick now. I noticed that the dead were starting to change which only confused me I then noticed these horrible looking black things with bright red eyes, I took a bath as we quickly got back into the place and just went inside and locked the door behind us all. We put some food down to the girl and she ate it as if she had not seen food in years I looked at Ryan then put my arm around him, he didn't look too comfortable having another girl in the place but I guess it was because he worried she was still a zombie or she was a living person and looking to find a zombie to hurt.

"Who are you?" Mat asked

"I-I'm Lana" she told us "I was never zombie or at least I think I wasn't" she explained "most of the zombies are changing those horrible black things and that blonde girl is horrible to us all" she told us

"You mean Katie," I said

she nodded looking at us all she titled her head as she stared at Ryan I give her a look then stood in front of him I wasn't too pleased about her staring at people, Matt gives her a look as well to say stop staring at people you don't know it's rude she looked down quickly after that.

"So if you were or weren't dead how did you even get close to my friend Katie when all she has been doing was attacking me and well my brother," I said slightly annoyed

"I don't know she just kept attacking everyone my whole family are dead alright," she said

We all soon heard a smash the girl smirked and ran down the stairs I went after her as her face changed again she was the undead of course we allowed her in maybe she was one of Katie's little slaves, I got annoyed and just got sick of this I went back to Ryan and looked at him I shook my head slightly worried now. The girl was gone and if she told Katie were we lived and what was going on things could only end badly, I sighed as we all packed up and moved once again Ryan pointed toward the airport and I shook my head.

"That would only lead to us being killed," I said

"N-no I was there when I was turned," he told me "I don't remember much else"

"Wait is most of the zombies are in the airport?" Matt said

"That were the good ones are......my friends there" Ryan replied

"Do you think anyone of them will kill us?" I asked

"Might do but those black things can hear a heart beat for miles" he explained

I nodded "I think we should go somewhere to spend a few days then go to the airport and see if we can find your friends," I said

We all agreed then went to a parking lot which wasn't too far from the airport there was an old caravan there we went in there and locked it down for the night or for now at least, we had some tinned food which we could eat cold since it was fruit and then Matt went to sleep in one end of the caravan and Ryan and I in the other. We only needed a little nap time because we had been moving around quite a lot in the past lot of days, which I knew my little brother couldn't keep doing especially knowing zombies were out to kill us. I looked at Ryan and kissed him softly he kissed me back and we cuddled into each other we stared at each other for hours, then we looked over toward Matt who was twisting and turning as if he was having a nightmare so I got up and went over to him.

"Matt it's okay" I whispered and kissed his hair "it's just a dream"

he nodded then stopped moving around as much I went back to Ryan and cuddled not him after I put a blanket around my brother I then put one around Ryan and I and hid my face in his chest, Ryan was the first to fall asleep from us both then I did not long after I had set my phone to vibrate when it was time to wake up.