Chapter Four

I looked at Ryan as he pointed toward a door I didn't know where the door went to but anything was better than waiting around here for the zombies to get us, I pushed my brother Matt first and then Ryan I crawled behind them Ryan got up and helped Matt up. As I went to get up something grabbed my leg pulling me away from them both and throwing me against the wall, I hit the wall with a thud as I hit the ground soon after I tried to get up but just fell I looked up seeing Katie had got in.

"Ryan gets him out of here" I shouted over

"MIA" Matt called out

Ryan pushed Matt in the door, but he didn't leave me I looked at him and waved my hand "GO" I shouted at him "please Ryan get my little brother to safety"

Katie screamed at me in her horrific voice which only made me more scared she grabbed me by the throat throwing me toward the other zombies, I pulled myself toward a few shelves in which she pushed them on top of me I screamed out in pain as all I felt was cracking coming from my body. I soon saw Katie flying past me Ryan had gotten in the way and tried to protect me from her, he pushed a shelf off me and helped me up I couldn't keep my own body weight up which was worrying me I looked over at Katie as she got up glaring with her evil eyes at me. I grabbed a knife throwing it at her I didn't pay much attention to if it had hit her or not, Ryan quickly helped me to the door and we both quickly went through he pushed his back against it and waved for us to go. I shook my head and Matt pushed something heavy in front of the door pushing Ryan up the stairs to me, I grabbed his hand and Matt's as they both helped me I screamed in pain as I hit against a door frame.

"You are so-called friend is a freak sis," Matt told me

"You're telling me" I replied "she was my friend now she's nothing" I fell on the couch which was in the apartment we went into "I hate her"

Matt check me over and helped fix me up so hopefully I would be able to keep going but the pain was all I could think about I never thought I would be in this much pain, Ryan watched as Matt looked after me and he noticed how pale I had gotten. I smiled over at Ryan and then looked at my brother as he finished fixing me up I got up and groaned a little but managed to handle it now, I took a few more painkillers so that hopefully I could be able to climb the fire escape I went over to the window as Ryan pulled me back shaking his head.

"What is it, Ryan?" I asked him

"Backstairs inside," he told me

He was learning each time I spoken to him to get full words without a stutter out Matt nodded as he had checked while Ryan was saving me, I nodded and went with Ryan and Matt toward the other staircase I heard banging coming from the other stairs which scared me was Katie coming after me to kill me or was there something more I didn't know about. I looked at Ryan as he helped me down them even though he wasn't to steady going down the steps himself he made sure I got down alright, I smiled and nodded as we all made it out into the back alleyway Matt took me from Ryan and helped me get back to the street Ryan checked of course first to make sure it was safe for us. Ryan then took us toward an apartment block which he must off lived in at some point in his life, he took us inside and went up some stairs and into an apartment which was quite lovely comfortable you might say in one way. He pointed toward the couch as Matt put me down and Matt soon closed the front door and sat with me again, Ryan walked toward the fridge and brought us drinks I looked slightly confused as Ryan seemed to show he was more human than zombie. I bit my lip as I tried to relax and get rid of the pain I looked over toward Ryan who was looking at some pictures, I got up and walked over to him putting my hand softly on his shoulder yes I was sore but I could handle it.

"Who's this?" I asked him

"F-Family" he replied showing me the pictures

"They look very lovely," I said as I hugged him

He was slightly shocked that someone who was alive would hug him, but he hugged me back and looked at me touching my side softly, he didn't wish to hurt me or my brother that is why I trusted him so much I bit my lip as I wondered how we could save him at least make sure he didn't rot like the others would. I looked over at my brother who had just dozed off and well I had noticed the day went in quite quickly, I walked over to the chair as I sat Ryan down on the other couch I curled up and closed my eyes then opened them for a second looking at him.

"Thank you, Ryan," I said as I closed my eyes once again

"Welcome" he replied

I fell asleep for a few hours and when I woke up Ryan was gone I sat up right then looked around confused the front door was still closed but yet no Ryan, I got up and walked around the apartment trying to find him but he wasn't here at all I sighed then went to Matt shaking him slightly as well it was morning again.

"Mia what is it? Is Ryan okay?" he said

"Ryan's gone," I told him "we need to find him if Katie gets him he is a doomed I don't want to lose him he saved us Matt"

Matt quickly sat up and got up he looked at me with worried as then nodded "then let's go find your new boyfriend" he said

"He isn't my boyfriend Matt he is someone I care about just like I care for you," I told him

I walked out of the apartment looking around I checked the other empty apartments looking for Ryan but he wasn't in anyone of them, I leaned against the wall as tears filled my eyes I couldn't believe he would just up and leave like that I then went to the stairs. I shook my head as I couldn't see him at all I then frowned as Mat shook his head and just held out his hand to me, I nodded and went back inside with him I guess Ryan put us here to keep us alive and safe for now until help could get us. We stayed at the apartment trying to keep each other alive we kept ourselves clean and freshly clothed each day, I looked at the pictures Ryan stared at I looked at one which was just on Ryan I missed him terribly already I didn't like not knowing if he was safe or not even though we had not known each other for that long.

Days went by and nothing from Ryan I leaned back against the couch and just thought if I should go into the city again and try to find him or something that might tell me if he was alright or not, I seen Matt was sleeping he had been busy for hours each day making sure the place we now lived in was safe. I looked over at the picture of Ryan and just got up I kissed my brothers head then wrote a note telling my brother what I was going to do, and not to leave the apartment looking for me because I would be back. I grabbed my jacket and some weapons then made my way out of the apartment and down the stairs, as I walked out the door I heard the horrific scream which reminded me off Katie I looked up and I seen her and Ryan I gasped as Ryan looked badly hurt.

"Mia run" Ryan said "Get Matt and run" he said

"I am not leaving you Ryan" I called over

I took in a breath and I was done being scared off Katie she was nothing but a pathetic dead beat now and I hated her she had hurt me and I wasn't going to let her hurt someone I cared for, I held up the gun and fired it hit her in the knee which she fell Ryan quickly came over to me he was walking sort off normal now. I looked at Katie as I got more and angrier I couldn't stop the anger which had just hit me out of nowhere, I looked at Ryan as he pulled me closer to him he tried to pull me away, but I refused then finally I walked away Katie had managed to get up and run away from us. I went back inside with Ryan and looked at him I was upset that he had left but now I know why, I hugged him tightly then hid my face tightly into his shoulder I couldn't handle this anymore I didn't want to go without Ryan or Matt now I felt more attached to Ryan than I should be but what could I do I was falling for him.