Chapter Eight

~~~~ Flashback ~~~~

After a long run around a field debating with her own thought, jisoo collapse on the grass panting hard. She thought hard and even fought with her parents about that but thankfully that they respect her decision. Jisoo cover her eyes with her forearm but then she felt someone come close to her, she look up and jennie was already looking down at her.

Jisoo sat up and looked at her in the eyes.

" Look at you all sweaty" Jennie said, wiping off a sweat on jisoo forehead.

Jisoo smile and grabbing jennie's wrist in her hand.

" I have something to tell you" She said nervously.

" I have something to tell you too" Jennie smile.

" Is it a good thing??" Jisoo ask, feeling anticipately.

" Uhhh I can say that" Jennie nods.

" You go first then" jisoo urge.

" No you tell me first chu."

" No.. yours come first." Jisoo grins as she place her other hand inside her back pocket.

" Uhmmmm..." Jennie look down shyly.

" What is it??"

" Jongin propose to me." Jennie grins.

Jisoo smile dropped, so as her whole heart.

" He come to me last night said that he's sorry for what happened. He wanted to be a good father and a good husband to me." Jennie continues with a smile on her face.

Jisoo doesn't know what to respond to a younger girl right now because she was so devastated when the words hit her ears. She feel the last piece of her heart shatter into a thousand, tiny pieces.

" What did you say?" This was the only question that jisoo could express right now.

" I said I would think about it but I'm so happy right now jisoo. I just don't want him to think I'm easy. So I'm gonna let him wait for a few days" Jennie beams.

" You guys are gonna look really great together" Jisoo pull all of her last straw to say it.

" Thank you chu"

" By the way!! What was it you want to tell me about?" jennie tilted her head.

" I think I .... " Jisoo manage to say without cracking her voice.

" ehhh?"

" I forget that I have to go help my mom prepare for a dinner tonight! And you don't forget to join okay?"

Jisoo tell her shoving a box of ring back inside her pocket before taking a few steps and finding sanctuary in the bathroom. She locked herself in a stall and let the tears fall from her eyes, wondering how in the world there's anything left to cry out.

" You are one step behind again jisoo"

~~~~ End of flash ~~~~~

Jisoo shake her head from her own thought as suddenly a past keep flashing inside her head. She doesn't want to remember any of it but the present of jongin nowadays just keep bugging her nonstop. She hate it when she saw jennie always show reaction when jongin standing in front of her. Is that because she still has a feeling for him or maybe a trauma that he gave her? She wanted to ask but she also don't want to remind jennie any of that. Just as she having a battle with her own thought, jisoo was soon pulled out of her houghts to the sound of irene entering the car.