Chapter 27 || Conjuring ||

Before you begin reading this, check out @SuperImo202! They are writing an amazing book and are very kind and supportive! :D

Tam

(We have tams perspective two chapters in a row because I feel the story will be more understandable in his perspective! :))

Tam really, REALLY wanted to watch The Black Phone but he found The Conjuring wasn't too bad. And even though horror movies didn't really get to him, he found himself jumping at the jumpscares the movie included. And while Tam jumped a bit, Keefe was on a whole different level. Every time there was the slightest jumpscare, Keefe would full in jump backwards and almost hit his head against the headboard. 

...

Janet was watching TV  alone because she stayed home from school today. Everything was going perfectly fine until her favorite channel switched! That was weird... she hadn't touched the remote at all. The weirdest part about it was that the channel switched to a topic about demonologists! Confused, Janet reach for the remote that she assumed was in her side but instead of her hand being met with the remote, it was met the the softness of the couch. Janet assumed maybe the remote had fallen off so she got up from the couch and looked on the ground. But again, the remote was no where to be seen. Okay, now she was really confused. Janet then looked under the couch, under the blanket, and even in between the cushions of the couch. No remote. Peculiar. The remote simply couldn't have just disappeared! She looked around confused, in hopes that her eyes would somehow find the remote.

 And they did. There lies the remote. On the rocking chair rarely any one sat it. Let alone had she ever sat in. She suspiciously walked over the remote to pick it up. She quickly went back to the couch. She quickly tried to switch the TV channel to the one she was previously watching but, it wouldn't work. She tried over and over again but, no luck. Then, the TV went black. She sighed, frustrated why the TV was so mad at her.

Creak...

Creak...

Janet stood up and turned to the creaking noise. The rocking chair... was moving... Surely it could've have been the AC because, the AC wasn't on. All Janet could do was watch in horror. She then felt a presence behind her but was too scared to turn around. Her breaths became unsteady and the lights started to flicker.

On.

And off.

On.

And off.

Janet didn't know what to do. Well, what could she do. She then felt the presence getting closer and closer behind her as the footsteps got closer and closer, her breaths becoming more and more unsteady. The lights continued the flicker and Janet closed her eyes hoping that would help somehow. Janet could practically feel the breaths of the presence breathing down her neck which caused chills to run down her spine. The house then went pitch black and the creaking only got louder...

"MY HOUSE!" A male voice screamed in her hear. Janet screamed as the lights turned back on and the creaking stopped abruptly. Janet hastily turned around, but... no one was there.

...

"MY HOUSE!" The man in the TV, standing right behind the protagonist, Janet yelled.

BANG!

Tam jumped as he turned to where the bang came from. And there was his boyfriend, who looked as if he might pee himself. Tam rolled his eyes.

"Jeez, calm down." Tam said as Keefe jumped back and hit his head against the headboard for the 100th time that night.