Chapter 6 || Party Pooper ||

Keefe

Keefe laughed with the majority of his friends as they walked to a nearby park. They were planning on spending a couple hours there and then go to CandleShade for the sleepover.

Ugh. I have to see dad of the year again. Blec.

They were discussing ideas about the sleepover. The list included how long they should stay up, what they should eat, what games they should play, and etc. 

"My vote is still on spin the bottle." Biana stated.

"Who said we only had to play just one?" Keefe started. "Lets play as much as we can!"

"Party!" Biana squealed.

"I'm down for whatever!" Dex said as everyone else agreed with the amazingly amazing idea. (As Keefe liked to call it)

They reached the park after about a couple more minutes of walking. Their footsteps grew lighter as their feet stepped on the short-cut grass. They found a tree in the shade to sit under and examined the world around them.

"It's beautiful. Isn't it?" Sophie said.

"Yeah! And peaceful! Look at all the birds being so happy together!" Linh exclaimed as she pointed to the group of birds in a tree, chirping as if they were singing a song.

"And romantic. Look at the blossoms falling! Someone could totally have their first kiss here!" Biana exclaimed.

First kiss... I wonder who my first kiss will be...

Keefe took in the scenery as he and all his friends enjoyed it too. They laughed. They talked. They shared jokes. All except one.

Tam.

Keefe didn't know how he felt about Tam. He was supposed to hate him but, every hour he spent with him, made him realize,

Maybe he's not so bad after all. BUT GAH THOSE BANGS!

Keefe glanced at Tam again. He was talking to Linh. But, he looked sad. Like, a sad, happy. Tam's eyes met Keefe's at Keefe quickly looked away and started to talk to Sophie. They spent half an hour at the park as well as got some galeto. They each went home to pack a couple of items while Keefe waited for them at the park again. Once they were all back there, they took out their leaping crystals and held it out to the light.

Boom.

They were at CandleShade. Getting ready to spend one of the most hectic nights of their life. They unpacked their backpacks in the cubby near the front door and started walked to Keefe's room.

"KEEFE! Is that you!? Why is it so noisy down there!? You better not have gotton in trouble on the first day!" Keefe heard his fathers angry voice yell from the kitchen.

"Y-yes father! It is I! Uhm having friends over? And nope, no trouble today!" Keefe said while he tried answering all his questions..

"Good. Now go to your room! I know you have homework!" Cassius warned.

"Y-Yes father!" Keefe lied as he turned around towards his friends and gave an annoyed look.

"Come on. To the greatest room in the world!" Keefe hollered as he ran up the stairs of CandleShade, his friends like a stampede of elephants following behind. 

" Not so loud!" Cassius yelled.

"Sorry!" Keefe hollered from a floor above him.

Keefe ran up his stairs, turned at least 100 corners until he reached his room. He gracefully opened the room to only find out it wasn't even his room.