Chapter 4 || Prank Buddies ||

Keefe

"Sophie! Does my hair look crazy?"  Keefe asked as he desperately tried to pat down his extremely frizzy hair.

"Uh no. It looks fine to me." Sophie said, confused.

"So I still look like a hot blonde, right?" Keefe asked with a smirk on his face.

Sophie snorted. "Yeah, I guess you can say that."

Keefe almost got knocked down as an emotion hit him.

Jealousy.

Keefe squeezed his temples as his head pounded.

"You okay?" Sophie asked.

"Yup! Completely fine! Just kinda sucks being an empath." Keefe said as he laughed nervously.

"Strong emotion?" Sophie guessed reasonably.

Keefe just nodded as he tried to soothe his head. He still didn't know whose it was...

*RINGGGG*

Bell rang. 

Time for Elementalism. Keefe was pretty sure it would go better than Alchemy with MissGrouchyPants. Tam, Keefe, and Sophie waited by the door as the class started to line up. Lady Veda opened the door and signaled for the class to enter.

"Good morning Class! Please take your seat! You can sit anywhere you may like for today but, tomorrow you will have seating charts!" She said as she walked towards her desk, her heels click-clacking on the tile floor.

Keefe gave a "woohoo!" As he and Sophie sat together in the very back corner. Sophie motioned for Tam to sit next to her but, Keefe made a fake gagging noise as Sophie rolled her eyes and ignored Keefe. 

"Come on, Tam! You can sit next to us." Sophie exclaimed as she flapped her hand back and forth, signaling he was welcome to sit with them. Tam slowly approached Them and sat the next to the chair on the right from Sophie.

Time went by surprisingly fast as it was already time for lunch. Which meant....

"NOOOOOOO! Now it's time to see MissGrouchyPants again!" Keefe cried as they made their way towards the lunchroom. Tam was just awkwardly third-wheeling as he silently followed behind Keefe and Sophie.  

Keefe entered the cafeteria as an amazing smell filled his sinuses. 

Cheese

Tomato

Lettuce

Bread

"SANDWICHES!" He practically yelled as he ran to the front of the cafeteria to get his food. He cut at least 17 people but it was all worth it. He passed Sophie and Tam who were still in line, patiently waiting like normal people for their food. But hey, normal was boring.

"See ya, suckers!" Keefe said, smirking, as he passed the line.

Tam and Sophie rolled their eyes as they continued to wait in line. Keefe devoured his sandwich in just two minutes. He licked his fingers as he leaned against a wall and fiddled with his fingers. He waited for quite a long time.

It wasn't until another 20 minutes until Sophie and Tam got their food. They returned to meet Keefe by the doorway to see that his sandwich was long gone.

"Jeez! What took you so long?! MissGrouchyPants is gonna make us stay longer now!" Keefe whined.

"Uh- Keefe?" Sophie tried warning.