Chapter 23 || Sneaking Out ||

Tam 

Jeez. This game is hectic.

Tam tried his best to throw paintballs at the opposing team but only managed to get one member out before...

WHACK!

The impact of the paintball was so hard, it almost knocked him over. But lucky for him, he recaught his balance before anything bad happened. Paint covered almost his entire face as he tried to desperately scrub out the paint that was irritating his eyes. Angry, Tam stomped over to the right side of the gym to take a seat as he tried scrubbing out the paint that was in his eyes. Keefe's eye caught Tam walking to the side and decided to open his big mouth.

"HAH!" Keefe yelled as he pointed at the paint covered Tam. "Out already bangs boy?"

Tam turned around to gave him an annoyed look and tug on his bangs. Keefe gave him a smirk and focused back on the game he was currently in. Tam sat down on the wall and looked over at the opposing team.

 Who threw that? Lady Alexine only had a couple rules and one of them was to not throw the paint balls too hard and Tam could tell his cheek was going to bruise. But, there were so many people still on the court, he couldn't just focus on one person. Tam sighed and watched the game go on. He saw Keefe almost get hit multiple times but, thanks to his amazing reflexes, he was able to dodge each one that came for him.

Moments passed and the number of people on the court grew smaller. There were only 3 people still on the court that Tam knew It was Biana, Fitz, and Keefe, who were all still going strong. There were about 5 other people still on the red team. Biana, Fitz, Keefe, Lana, and Deirelle. While on the blue, there were only 3.  Analilia, Kaston, and Drane. Drane was throwing paintballs here and there. Quite hard and fast. They were flying everywhere. It was impressive how Keefe dodged them which such ease.

So that was who almost knocked Tam down.

The game went on and soon, it was just Keefe versus Drane. Drane kept launching paint balls at Keefe which Keefe dodged them as if they were going 2 miles per hour. Keefe however, was trying to use his brain for once. He was trying to predict where Drane was going to next. Which was working surprisingly well. Each paint ball that he threw almost hit Drane. Only missing him by a couple of inches.

Moments went on and no one had gotten hit yet and there were only 10 minutes left of class. Drane's powerful throws nearly missed Keefe evetime he threw it. But Keefe was always able to dodge them. No matter how fast and powerful the throw was.

"Come on, tough stuff. Just give up already and admit I'm better than you!" Keefe challenged.

"What's wrong? Tired? Can't take all my amazing throws?" Drane asked.

"No. I'm honestly just getting bored. I mean, your throws are just too easy to dodge! Your going to have to try har-"

Drane took this opportunity of Keefe focusing on something else other than getting Drane out to launch another paint ball at Keefe. This time, Keefe didn't see it coming and almost got hit. But luckily for him, the paint ball swooshed past his face at such a high speed, it left chills down his spine. 

"Close one. But my reflexes are just too good!" Keefe boasted as he then threw another paint ball at the left side of Drane, predicting that was where he would go. But instead, Drane went to the right.

"Woah. Dude. That was way off. Gonna have to practice your aim, huh?" Drane challenged.

"Well, maybe if your throws were just a little faster, you could hit me." Keefe said coolly.

And this is when the talking stopped. Drane launched his paint balls at such speed, you could barley see them fly by. Keefe's paint balls also got a lot faster, making it a whole lot harder for Drane to dodge them. Soon, there was only 5 minutes left of class and anxiousness spread around the gym. There was no talking as everyone was paying attention to the game. Someone had to lose! Tam watched from the side of the gym. He could tell Drane was getting tired as his throws became less fast and powerful. And finally, finally, the game ended. Keefe was aware Drane new his tactic. So, instead of hitting off to the side, he aimed right at him. Drane didn't expect this and tried to doge it way too late as blue paint splattered all over his shirt. Some on his face.