Chapter 16 || Look at me ||

Keefe

As Tam was explaining his love story with his parents, Keefe couldn't help but notice the sad, broken, look Tam eyes carried. They looked so... hopeless. He swore Tams eyes were watering as well. His story went on, and on. It seemed as if each word Tam said only made him sadder. While each word Tam said only made Keefe ant to beat up Tams dad even more. But, by the end of his story, Keefe swore a tear fell from Tams eyes. Down onto his cheek, which slowly crept down to his chin to eventually fall onto the floor.

Keefe stared at Tam's sad expression. He had never seen Tam truly cry. Keefe didn't even consider this as crying. But, Tam's sad expression had pushed Keefe to walk closer to Tam just to embrace him in a hug. Tam gladly hugged Keefe back as Keefe felt Tam's small body slowly relax in his grasp. 

They pulled away after a couple seconds but they were still holding hands. Keefe looked into Tam's eyes which still seemed pretty sad but they had no more tears wanting to escape.

Keefe just smiled softly as Tam did the same. The stool there holding each others hand in silence.

"Soo." Keefe started as he tried to break the silence. " Do you have a question you want to ask me?"

"U-uhm..." Keefe waited patiently as Tam thought for a couple of seconds about an important question he wanted to ask Keefe.

"Uhh...I don't know... When did you start your passion for drawing? It's not that important but I don't really have another question to ask you." Tam said.

"Oh! Uhm... I remember I've always liked to draw but I didn't take it seriously until I was about... 11? Sometime then." Keefe replied with a goofy smile on his face.

"That's nice. I don't really take drawing seriously. I just do it when I'm either stressed or bored. " Tam said. 

Keefe just nodded at this as they once again stood in silence for a little. Keefe wandered around his room to examine the old drawings he had completed about two years ago. There were some on his desk but he put his favorite ones on the wall. They were the ones he put most detail in. The ones that meant something. Tam also was examine Keefe's drawings. Tam looked around Keefe's room. Keefe saw Tam pick up a drawing he had done of Amy and Sophie.

"This one is nice." Tam remarked as his eyes didn't look away from the drawing.

"Oh, yeah. I drew that when Amy came over for a little bit. I really liked the picture so I decided to draw it." Keefe explained as he walked over to the picture Tam was looking at. "I really like it too."

They both admired the beautiful pictures of the two girls who clearly loved each other for a couple more seconds before parting and started wandering around the room once again. About 5 minutes passed before Keefe remembered about Marella and Maruca. They were probably wondering where they were.

"Soo, should we go back now?" Keefe suggested as Tam nodded his head. Keefe opened the door as Tam quietly followed behind him. There footsteps quietly echoed the empty halls.They walked down the stairs of Keefe glittery mansion for a couple of minutes before they finally reached Keefe's room to see Marella and Maruca chatting quietly in their fort. It seemed as if  they hadn't heard Keefe and Tam walk in so Keefe put a hand in front of Tam which stopped Tam in his tracks.

Keefe froze for a couple seconds before Leaning  into Tam's hear to whisper something.

"We should totally scare them." Keefe said quietly as he pulled away from Tam's ear and wore a mysterious expression.

For once, Tam wasn't completely against the idea so he just nodded and raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

Keefe quietly crept across his room, on his tippy toes. Tam following his actions. They both slowly crept towards Marella and Maruca's fort. They were just about to pop into their fort and say " Boo!" But 2 familiar people barging into the door ruined their plans.

Keefe turned around to see Dex and Linh standing together, smiling happily. Keefe made a "shush" and acted like he was zipping up his mouth to signal for Linh and Dex not to talk. Apparently, Linh didn't realize and started talking to them.

"Oh, hi Tam! Hi Keefe!" She said happily as she walked towards them.

"Nooo! Linh! We were going to epically scare them!" Keefe whined as he flailed his arms around helplessly like a toddler.

Marella popped her head around their fort. Keefe turned around and his eyes met marella's fierce look.

"Oh, you were planning on scaring us?" Marella laughed. "Yeah, we already knew. I don't think you guys would be very good ninjas. Especially you, Keefe."

"What!? How could you here us? We were so quiet!" Keefe replied in utter shock. I mean,  they were pretty quiet.

"Well," Maruca started. " You guys were pretty quiet but, your door is pretty squeaky Keefe."

"Ugh! You stupid door!" Keefe yelled as he did  something only the one and only Keefe would do. He walked over to his door and just smacked it.

"Bad door." He muttered and walked back to very confused teams and annoyed looking Tam.

"That was extremely unnecessary but whatever makes you happy." Tam said as he rolled his eyes.

"Oo! Keefe, can we look three your figurines? Dex and I wanted to see but Biana was kind of hogging them..." Linh asked as she chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, go ahead!" Keefe approved.

"Yay!" Linh cheered as she walked over to Keefe's bookshelf where there was a basket filled with human figurines Sophie had given him. 

Keefe walked over to his fort as Tam followed behind him. The each plopped down on Keefe's bed in silence, waiting for the missing group of friends to return. They waited for about another 10 minutes before Keefe got really bored. Keefe thought if what to do...

He could mess with Tam.

He could jump on the bed.

He could throw pillows at Tam and have another pillow fight...

He could...

" Can I draw?" Keefe's heard Tams soft voice ask.

"Oh! That's what we can do! We can draw!" Keefe exclaimed as he bounced out of their fort and ran to get his sketchbook they could both draw on. Keefe returned shortly and plopped back on the bed next to Tam.

"So what should we draw?" Tam asked as Keefe put the sketchbook down on his bed and flipped the pages until he found two empty pages where He could draw in one side and Tam could draw in the other side.

"Uh. You haven't drawn me, have you?" Keefe asked.

"Uhm. No. Not yet." Tam responded

"Boom! I could draw you and you can draw me!" Keefe suggested.

"Yeah. Sure." Tam agreed as they both got out of the fort to get a pencil from Keefe's pencil cup.

They both made it back to their fort as they picked up their pencil and started sketching each other out.

Keefe easily annoyed Tam by say "look at me" every 5 seconds which made Tam groan and roll his eyes. And although it was only supposed to be a quick illustration, Keefe found himself getting too carried away. Like he always did. But Keefe looked at Tams side of the drawing and found that Tam was doing the same. So, he didn't care. He kept going. Putting as much detail into the portrait of his boyfriend as he possibly could...

Word count: 1241

Ok ok ok! So my update explains why I have been gone for so long but I still feel really bad! :(

Liek I said I will make it up to you by uploading three days in a row so I hope you enjoyed this chapter you guys have longed for and stay positive! <3