~Fight! Fight! Fight!~

3rd Person POV:

Inside the Heartslabyul rose maze, all its resident students gathered in a large crowd, whispering among themselves. Ace, Deuce, Grim and Yuu walked through the crowd, the Ramshackle duo intensely feeling the stares they received as they continued moving. Once they made it to the crowd's edge, Yuu and Grim stayed behind, watching as the two Heartslabyul first-years walked into the open-grass area and stood opposite the reigning tyrant, Riddle. Headmaster Crowley stood near the middle of the open area, with a stern look on his face which hid the fact that was clearly entertained by the situation. The Heartslabyul third-years, specifically Trey and Cater, stood near the front of the crowd, their worried expressions going unseen by their prefect.

'They're all so closeee!! This is why I hate crowdsss!!' All while Y/n awkwardly stood in the middle of the Heartslabyul students, feeling as if he was being pressed into a random stranger's back. Though the large collar he wore did manage to give the Ignihyde student space from the others, he couldn't find his way to the front of the crowd, forever stuck in his uncomfortable position. 'At least I can see and hear what's going on pretty well...'

"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House," Crowley announced, making the crowd go quiet and turn their attention towards him. "The first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade," the headmaster continued as said students looked focused and ready for the duel. "The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts." All the crowd's eyes went to the short-redhead at the mention of his name, watching as the prefect managed to keep an expressionless look on his face. "Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic-sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage." Within an instant, Ace and Deuce's collars vanished, making them both sigh out in relief.

"Ah! FINALLY, the dumb collar is off!" Ace exclaimed loudly as he rubbed his neck, celebrating how he no longer had a metal collar on.

"Enjoy your moment of freedom. The collar will be back on soon enough," Riddle replied, a confident smile growing on his face before it was replaced with his signature frown. "I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me. Is this a joke?" he asked, agitation lacing his voice. However, the first years weren't swayed by his words or tone.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Ace rhetorically asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"I'd never propose a duel as a joke," Deuce backed his classmate up, sharing a similar intense look on his face.

"Hmph. Have it your way. Let us get this over with," the housewarden sighed, clearly not enthralled by the idea of fighting with first-years who barely knew magic.

"Uh, Riddle, what do you want to do about today's afternoon tea?" Cater suddenly spoke up, taking a step near the shorter second-year as he mentioned one of Heartslabyul's traditions. Expectedly, their prefect took the rule very seriously.

"A foolish question. You know that the rules stipulate I take my tea every day at 4 p.m. sharp," Riddle responded in a matter-o-factly manner.

"It's just that it's already past 3:30..." the third-year told him, a hint of nervousness present in his voice. It was clear he didn't want to face the housewarden's wrath.

"And you fear I will be late? All the more reason to end this promptly," Riddle declared before he turned back towards his challengers. Cater quickly stepped back into the crowd. "It appears  I have little time to waste. Rather than facing my opponents in succession, I will take on both at once," he announced, quickly followed by the Heartslabyul students cheering.

"You can do it, Housewarden!"

"Knock 'em dead, sir!"

'Ass kissers...' Y/n humorously thought, making himself chuckle.