~We're Gonna Lose, Aren't We?~

3rd Person POV:

Gathered in one of the highest rooms on the campus, within the large Mirror Chamber, the housewardens sat on their assigned chairs. They were arranged in a crescent shape, allowing each prefect to observe each other easily. Riddle wore an impatient expression on his face, while Leona looked as if he was about to fall asleep in his chair. Azul kept a fake smile on his face, clasping the stack of paper in his hands tightly. Kalim on the other hand could barely keep still, shifting around in his chair and twiddling his thumbs. All the while Vil silently stared at his hands, wondering if they were becoming dry or if his nail polish was becoming chipped. And of course, Malleus was again not in attendance due to a lack of invitation.

In the chair to the Pomifore prefect's right was Idia's tablet, which displayed a 'Sound Only' screen. Its purpose was to let the shy prefect indirectly attend classes and housewarden meetings without leaving his room. In fact, as his other housewardens sat in their chairs, he lay on the bed in his dorm room, another one of his tablets resting against a pillow. This tablet's purpose was to connect to the one in the Mirror Chamber and show him everything going on. And while Idia stayed silent, the second year who happened to be lying next to him began to grow bored.

"Idia... Is it always uneventful at meetings?" Y/n tiredly questioned his housewarden, earning a silent nod in response. The h/c-haired second-year groaned, unaware that all the occupants heard every noise he made in the Mirror Chamber. In fact, most of the housewardens were slightly taken aback at the sound of Y/n's voice coming through the tablet, while a single one merely rolled his eyes. "Where's Crowley?" the dorm-head replacement asked, slightly tugging and running his hands along the blanket under him. Almost as if being summoned by Y/n, Crowly hastily strolled into the room, standing at the podium at the opening the semi-circle of chairs formed.

"Pardon my tardiness. My meeting earlier seemed to run longer than expected," Crowley apologized with a small bow.

"Well, speak of the devil and he shall arrive," Y/n quietly muttered, sinking further into Idia's bed.

"Perhaps you should stick more to your schedules headmaster," Kalem commented, unsurprisingly cheerful while the others were obviously irritated.

"What kind of meeting stole all your time?" Vil criticized, crossing his arms as his looked at Crowley with a judging eye.

"I had to clarify a few things with a couple of first-year students," the headmaster nonchalantly replied.

"It's always the first years," Y/n grumbled under his voice, no one but Idia hearing his words. Yet the introverted housewarden did not outwardly question it.

"Keep better track of your time," Riddle frowned at the headmaster, a somewhat irritated and scolding look upon his face as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Our time is valuable," Azul spoke, following up Riddle with a near identical serious expression.

"Damn right!" Both Leona and Y/n exclaimed at the same time, the two of them clearly tired of waiting.

"Just start this stupid meeting already!" the Savanaclaw member groaned, slumping further into his chair.

Clearing his throat to catch everyone's attention, Crowley reached under his cloak and pulled out a piece of paper. Written on it was an agenda that he and the leaders of the school needed to cover in the course of the meeting. All present housewardens, excluding the lion prince, sat up straight in their chairs, preparing themselves. "Now, I call to order this meeting of housewardens. Our agenda today concerns the October Spelldrive tournament," he spoke, his eyes turning to meet Azul's. "Let us begin with the report from the head of the tournament planning committee: Mr. Ashengrotto of Octavinelle house."