~Back as Friends~

3rd Person POV:

"Come on! Fit!" Y/n grunted, tightly pulling on the Heartslabyul uniform he had been given in his first year at Night Raven College. It was the day of the unbirthday party and he was running late. Not only had the second-year missed his wake-up alarm, but he had fallen while rushing his showering before struggling to put on the uniform Riddle insisted that everyone be in.

'Ah finally... It's on...' Y/n sighed as he finished adjusting his outfit in the mirror.  It looked similar to the common Heartslabyul dorm wear. It had a white and black jacket with a checkered sleeve, a white rose with red paint decoratively tucked into his breast pocket and a six of hearts playing card sewed into the coat. He also wore a red waistcoat under the jacket and a pair of white jeans. Instead of a yellow and black striped sash around his waist, there was a thick golden chain, loosely hanging around his hips. And of course, the Ignihyde student was wearing a silver chain choker around his neck. Though the uniform was snug, he could still comfortably sit and move around in. 'Looking good,' Y/n thought, jokingly winking at himself in the mirror and chuckling.

"Oh right! The party!" Y/n shouted to himself at the sudden realization as he grabbed his phone and magic pen and dashed out of his room.

-------

Stepping through the Heartslabyul mirror, Y/n speedily strode towards the dorm's tea garden. As he muttered profanities under his breath and got closer to the party area, the Ignihyde sophomore noticed his friends standing outside the rose maze. In their hands were their magic pens as they painted any remaining white roses red. 'He never changes, does he?' Y/n thought, silently walking towards. As he strode closer, he could hear the bickering and conversation between the six of them, making him slightly laugh

"Applied magic is Riddle's super-special specialty!" Cater praised Riddle's magic skills. None of the students had seen Y/n, making it easy for the second year to slowly sneak behind Riddle. 

"They look great, Riddle," Trey added, a soft smile on his lips.

"That ought to do," Riddle spoke, placing his hands on his hips and looking up at his hard work. The redhead failed to notice Y/n standing directly behind him. And now...let the unbirthday party begin-" Before Riddle managed to get another word out, Y/n suddenly rested his chin on the top of the shorter's shoulder, quickly cutting him off.

"Starting without me? I can't help but feel left out?" he asked with a slight smirk on his face at the sight of Riddle's shocked look. His mouth was agape as his cheeks turned pink, whether in anger or embarrassment was unknown. The Ignihyde second-year quickly moved away, worried he angered his friend.

"Of course he pops up right when we are done our work," Grim muttered, crossing his front paws in frustration.

"And disappears when we need to clean up," Ace quietly added, slightly frowning. 

"You are late once again," Riddle mentioned, his face going back to its natural shade as he turned to face his classmate. "You need to be more punctual... However, I see you have worn the right outfit. That's good," he continued, a small smile on his face growing on his face.

"And it looks amazing on him! Lemme get a photo for Magicam!" Cater loudly exclaimed, walking over to Y/n and wrapping his arm around the second-year's shoulder as he took out his phone. "Smile!" he remarked, sticking out his tongue and winking. Not knowing what to do, Y/n awkwardly copied his friend's actions and stuck out his tongue and winked as the redhead took a couple of photos. "I'll make sure to tag you!" Cater giggled, unwrapping his arm from Y/n and stepping away.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted..." Riddle stated, side-eyeing Y/n before turning in the direction of the tea garden. "Let the unbirthday party begin!"