Chapter 41

3 weeks later

Matt's POV

I was sitting next to Sophia, who just fell asleep.

She's been in the hospital for weeks. The doctors had to take multiple tests after the incident. They want to make sure there's no brain damage, and also that there's no diseases in her body.

I heard a knock on the door, and I said "come in."

Cameron, Nash, Hayes and Shawn all walked in.

"Hey bro, how's it going?" Hayes asked. I smiled at my young friend before replying "pretty good."

Cameron has been surprising calm about the whole situation. I'm guessing that's because she isn't miserable, she's actually quite happy even after what happened.

She's never going to forget what Jessie did to her that night. But once we told her that he died, she pretended like nothing ever happened. She did everything she could to forget about it, which is great.

I don't want her to think about that anymore. I want everything to go back to normal. Kaylee isn't going to mess with us anymore, so that's another reason she's happy.

"Do you want to come get Starbucks with us?" Shawn asked smiling.

I nodded and quickly kissed Sophia on the head before whispering "I love you baby."

~

We arrived at Starbucks, and I ordered a cotton candy frappé. We all sat down at a circular table.

"So, Sophia's over the whole Jessie thing?" Shawn asked.

"Well I don't think she's completely over it. She's definitely going to remember what he did to her for the rest of her life. But she's trying to look past it. She's just as happy as she was before it happened, which I'm grateful for." I finished.

The boys nodded, smiling at the good news. We're all happy that this whole situation didn't ruin her life.

~

We were in the middle of talking about the next Magcon cities, when I got a text from Sophia.

From: My Princess 👑

Hey baby, I'm not sure where you are but could you possibly come back to my room? The doctor said she has very important news to tell us and she wants my boyfriend here. ❤️

To: My Princess 👑

On my way beautiful 😘

I told the boys I had to go, and left the café.

I rushed back to the hospital and back to Sophia's room.

When I got there, I walked in and saw Sophia talking to a female doctor, smiling big.

"Hello, Matthew." She said nicely. "I have news for you and Sophia, I haven't told her yet because I wanted you here."

I nodded and took a seat beside her. She grabbed onto my hand, and I turned and smiled at her.

"Are you ready?" The doctor asked.

We nodded impatiently.

"Sophia, we took a test for you, and you're pregnant."