Chapter 28- Their Opinions Don't Matter

Matt's POV-

I had no idea why Sophia was crying. I could've sworn she was having a really good day since Cameron's feeling better.

"Babe please tell me what's going on.."

I could feel her sniffles on my chest and all I wanted was for her to be happy.

She finally looked up at me, tears streaming down her face.

"I won't be able to explain it without crying, and the boys are probably getting worried since we both left. So go back into the room but check your Twitter while you're in there and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. I'm going to go to the bathroom and make it look less noticeable that I was crying. I love you so much Matt."

She kissed me before walking down the empty hospital hallway into the girls bathroom.

I was so confused but walked back into the room and sat in the chair next to Nash.

Nash tapped my shoulder and gave me a 'what's going on' look. I went on to Twitter and started looking through my notifications to find out what Sophia was talking about.

That's when I found a fan tweet that said..

@mashwmendes

Matt!! How could you do that to Sophia?? She doesn't deserve that. :(

I was really really confused now. I clicked on my profile and looked at my recent tweets.

My heart stopped.

There were 2 tweets. Kaylee or one of her friends must've some how hacked my Twitter. I can't imagine how Sophia must feel right now, or the Mophia fans.

I put my hands in my face, annoyed and upset about all of the drama with Kaylee. All of the boys were too busy with their conversations to notice, except for Nash who once again tapped me on the shoulder.

"What's going on?" Nash whispered in my ear. I held up my phone and showed him both of the tweets.

"Woah wait.. You broke up with Sophia??" He whispered, suddenly worried.

"No of course not, Kaylee hacked my Twitter and now everybody thinks Maylee is a thing.."

Nash groaned and rolled his eyes at the mention of that bitch.

"Aww, imagine how Sophia must feel right now. She just got over the fact that she used to think you guys dated, now for the whole fandom to think you and Kaylee are a thing."

I nodded my head and felt heartbroken at the thought of the girl of my dreams feeling like this.

"Yeah she was really upset" I said with a frown, as did Nash.

Ever since Nash and Sophia broke up, he's still been really protective over her like a brother. And same with Cameron, I could swear they're siblings. That's why I don't want to tell him about this. He's so protective and would probably get mad at me.

I quickly deleted the tweets, but decided to wait until Sophia gets back to tell the fans the truth.

Sophia's POV

I walked to the bathroom and tried to calm myself down and make it look like I wasn't crying. I'm not going to ruin Cameron's day like I ruin everything else. I have to be brave and at least fake a smile.

I took a deep breath and wiped away the makeup that had smeared from the tears.

Just as I was about to walk out, I heard the bathroom door open and a pretty girl walk in.

"OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE SOPHIA JOHNSON!!!"

I chuckled before nodding my head and saying "yeah I am"

She ran over to me and hugged me, I hugged her back tight.

"I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I RAN INTO YOU!! I'M FROM ONTARIO AND THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I'LL BE IN CALIFORNIA AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY GOT TO MEET YOU!!" She said ending with a giggle. I smiled at her and she held up her phone to take a picture.

"Thank you!! And um, I have a question.. You don't have to answer but uh, I saw Matt's tweet and.. Why did you guys break up?" She asked.

I looked down at my feet and tried to think of what to say. What if she doesn't believe me if I tell her that he was hacked? Oh well, I have to tell the truth.

"No we are still dating.. That girl Kaylee hacked his Twitter and tweeted that we aren't but she was lying. Sorry for the confusion.

She looked relieved.

"Don't be sorry, I feel so bad for you Sophia. You don't deserve any of the shit she is putting you through. She is obviously heartless and doesn't care about anybody but herself. Matt's fans will grow to love you and will hopefully forget about Kaylee. You are so amazing and beautiful and talented, Kaylee is obviously jealous of everything that you have. But I know you will get through this, because you are stronger than her. And you have a group of 12 people plus a huge fan base that love you more than anything and would do anything for you. Keep your head up Soph."

I was in tears again. That little speech meant everything to me, that's all I needed to cheer me up.

"Thank you so much, sweetheart. That means so much to me. If there were more people like you in the world, it would be a much better place. I love you so much." I said pulling her in for another tight hug and kissing her cheek.

I said goodbye to her and started walking back to the hospital room.

I walked in and surprisingly the only people that noticed were Matt and Nash, who had worried looks on their faces. I walked over to them and sat in a chair in between them.

Matt quickly grabbed on to my hand and rubbed it.

"I love you so much gorgeous.." He said staring into my eyes.

I leaned closer and kissed him, lasting for a few seconds. "I love you too."

"What do you want me to say to the fans? Do you want me to just tweet them and say I was hacked?"

"Yeah I guess, there's not much else you can do.. They've all pretty much stated that they don't like me so they won't be happy but you should still tell them the truth."

He gave me a sympathetic look before pulling me into his chest and kissing the top of my head.

"They're just upset about everything that's going on babe, and no matter what they say I love you and that's all that matters."

I looked up at his brown eyes and smiled at him. He's honestly so sweet and I am so glad to call him mine.

@TheMattEspinosa

Hey guys.. I just wanted to let you know that I was hacked earlier. I am NOT dating Kaylee, and Sophia and I are still happily together. If you guys can't accept my decisions then you aren't true fans. Sorry..

Matt and I sat there cuddling and for the first time in a while I felt really happy. Cameron's awake and is doing well, the fans know the truth about Matt's love life and I know that Matt loves me no matter what anybody else has to say about it. But I'm still nervous for what Kaylee has planned..

A/N

Thank you guys so much for reading!! I really enjoyed writing this chapter :)

Don't forget to vote and comment what you think!

I love you all <3- Emma