Chapter 37- Text Messages

Unknown number #1

She warned you

Unknown number #2

Wait for it Sophia

Unknown number #3

You're gonna be sorry

Unknown number #4

You better pray

Unknown number #5

You did this to yourself Sophia

And then the worst one..

Unknown number #6

She gave you a warning and you chose not to cooperate. Too bad for you, hell has just begun..

I've been getting text messages like this for the past 3 days. I'm really scared.

I haven't told any of the boys yet because I'm scared what they might do.

I know Kaylee told all of these people to text me threats like this and it's scaring me so much.

I decided I should probably tell Matt and Cameron.

I walked down the hallway to find Matt's room.

We're at a different hotel now, so I'm still trying to remember where everyone's room is.

I knocked on the door that I'm pretty sure is Matt's.

I was expecting to see him, but instead Jack J opened it and smiled at me with a wave.

"Oh sorry Jack, I was looking for Matt." I said, my voice shaky. Like I said, I was still scared.

I guess he noticed because he looked at me with a concerned look and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"N-Not really.."

"Come in, tell me everything" he motioned for me to sit on Gilinsky's bed while he sat on his, facing me.

"So what's going on Soph?"

I looked down at my cell and opened up the text messages, handing my phone to him.

He looked at me puzzled, but glanced down at my phone and started to read the messages.

After a few minutes, he finished and looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my god Sophia.. I had no clue it was this serious.."

He handed me back my phone and looked at the ground.

"I didn't think she would go this far.." I trailed on. He looked at me before moving from his bed to Gilinsky's beside me.

"The boys and I are all here for you no matter what. We overpower her and her friends for sure. Don't worry about it okay?

I nodded and hugged him, before standing up and walking to the next door that I could hear Matt and some of the other boys goofing around in.

I used the room key I had and went in, assuming that they probably wouldn't hear a knock.

I walked into the room and saw most of the boys jumping on the 2 beds, while the rest did summersaults on the floor beside it.

Matt saw me and rolled over to me.

He was in a really good mood and I felt bad that I was about to ruin it..

"Babe.. It's Kaylee." He stopped cold in his tracks and his smile faded. Just the mention of her name pissed him off.

"What the fuck did she do this time?" He said walking over to me and pushing me outside of the door where nobody else could hear.

We sat on the floor in the hallway facing each other.

"So.. She got a bunch of people to text me threats and stuff. I'll show you."

I handed him my phone and he read all of the messages, getting more an more pissed after each one.

After he finished reading them, his face turned from anger to worry and sadness.

"Babe I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Kaylee is so fucked up.." He mumbled.

I nodded in agreement as I took my phone back.

"I-I'm just really scared Matt.." I whispered, feeling the tears fill my eyes.

He stood up and put out his hand for me. I grabbed it, and he pulled me up to my feet.

He wrapped his arms around my upper back and pushed my head into his shoulder to comfort me.

We stayed like that for several minutes, and he finally broke the silence by whispering "Sophia, I'm never going to let anything happen to you, I promise. You mean everything to me and I wouldn't let them hurt you."

I pulled away and looked up at him, smiling and pushing my lips against his.

We moved them in sync, not wanting it to end.

This boy means the world to me.

He's always there to protect me and assure that everything is going to be alright.

"Thank you so much Matt, I love you."

"I love you more, Sophia."

I remembered that eventually Cameron would have to know about the texts and everything that's going on, so I decided I'd get Matt to tell him. I don't want to see his reaction.

"Hey babe.. Could you possibly tell Cam for me. About everything?"

He nodded his head and grabbed on to my hand.

"Of course I can."

~

Matt's POV

I just finished telling Cam about the Kaylee thing, and let me tell you, he's angrier than I've ever seen him.

"NOBODY FUCKING THREATENS MY BABY COUSIN AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!" He shouted, pacing the room back and fourth.

"Dude calm down. I already calmed her down about everything, she was really scared, I don't want her to keep worrying about it."

"I don't blame her for being fucking scared!!! She's getting threatened by a group of people that aren't afraid to hurt her!!!"

"Bro, stop worryi-" he cut me off.

"EASY FOR YOU TO SAY ESPINOSA, IT'S MY RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT HER WHILE SHE IS AWAY FROM HER FAMILY!!! I CANT LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO HER!!!"

I tried to get him to stop pacing for at least a second.

"Look at me. Cam. Cam LOOK AT ME!!!"

He turned to face me and finally stopped moving.

"Bro, we're a family for a reason. We're all going to continue to protect her, and I promise everything will be okay. But you freaking out like this isn't going to help Sophia. I know you have a reason to be worried, we all do, but we need to stay calm.. For Sophia. Okay?"

He took a deep breath and then slowly muttered "Okay.."

A/N

Just wanted to say that I love you

Stay beautiful :) -Emma