(9) I Don't Care

"Let's switch projects, Y/n. I want to see yours."

You nodded as you handed Jungwon your collage as he handed his to you. You opened the book and smiled when you saw the pictures. "Aw, is this your girlfriend?"

Jungwon nodded, his cheeks growing a bit red. "Yeah. At first, Chaewon was skeptical about it, but then she enjoyed it. You partnered up with Ms. Park's son, right?"

You nodded. "Yep," "How was Riki? The last time I saw him, you two were arguing with each other."

"At first, he was stubborn and didn't want to do the project, period. But as we spent more time together, I realized that Riki isn't a bad person at all. Just misunderstood?"

You couldn't explain how Riki acted. It was better to see it in person.

Jungwon stretched his arms out. "I'm glad that project is over now. There's this new arcade that opened downtown. You wanna go?"

"Of course,"

You and Jungwon walked out of the classroom together. You didn't even notice Riki standing beside the doorway, watching the conversation unfold. He didn't hear any words, but he saw you smiling and laughing the whole time.

It made Riki feel empty for some reason.

Sighing, he walked into the classroom where Ms. Park was typing on her computer. "Hey, Mom."

Ms. Park turned around and smiled. "Hey, Riki, how are you doing?" "I'm fine," he replied, pulling a chair and sitting next to his mother. "Did you enjoy doing the project with Y/n?"

"Yeah, I had fun with her. She's a great person."

"Yep, she is."

Silence surrounded the two of them. Riki looked down and fiddled with his fingers as Ms. Park spoke again. "You have another thing to ask me?"

Riki stopped, looking at his mom and shaking his head. "No? Why would I?"

"Riki, I can see it in your eyes." Ms. Park turned off her computer and spun her chair around to face her son. "It's about Y/n, isn't it?"

"Mom, what are you talking about?"

"Jungwon isn't her boyfriend; he has a girlfriend."

That threw Riki off. He scowled. "I wasn't going to ask about Y/n's relationship status; I don't care about it."

Ms. Park snickered. "Riki Nishimura, you're my son; of course, you care. However, if you want to grow the friendship between you and Y/n, you should tell her about your biological dad."

Now Riki was confused. "Why?"

"I'm pretty sure you heard a little about her mother. You both have a connection. Her mother gifted her the Polaroid camera, while your father gifted you the skateboard."

Ms. Park grabbed a sticky note and wrote something on it. Then she handed it to Riki. "Here, you made need this soon."

Riki read the sticky note, and his eyes lengthen in size. "What the— Mom, I don't need this!"

Ms. Park laughed again. "I'll see you later, Riki,"

—————
I wonder what was on that sticky note.
Y'all find out next chapter lol.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!