(5) Cinnamon Peanuts and Toys

On the next day, you walked into the park, looking for Riki. After what seemed like forever, you saw the familiar blond-hair figure sitting on the bench.

You smirked, picking up your camera.

You slowly made your way to Riki, careful not to make any noise. You were at the perfect spot to take a picture when Riki suddenly looked up and snapped a picture of you on his phone.

And the with flash.

"Gotcha!" he laughed. "Argh! Riki!" you groaned, rubbing your eyes. "This is for taking all those pictures of me when I wasn't ready." Riki looked at the picture and chuckled, "I'm keeping this."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Let's get started with the schedule now."

You and Riki took a walk around the park. You took pictures of Riki feeding the ducks and even running away from a butterfly. Then you two walked to the cart where a man was selling cinnamon peanuts. Riki bought one bag and sat at a picnic table.

While you were taking pictures of him eating the peanuts, the corner of your stomach started to growl. You wiggled your toes in your shoes, hoping Riki didn't hear it. However, the sweet smell was intoxicating you, and it growled again, but louder.

You looked at Riki and saw him holding back a laugh. "You think I'm that evil?" he asked. You nodded.

"Goodness," Riki held the bag of peanuts toward you. "Here, you can have the rest." "Wait, really?" you asked. "I don't like repeating myself, Y/n."

You quickly took out your camera and snapped a picture of Riki handing the bag of peanuts to you. Then you took the bag and started eating them.

Riki smiled and snapped a picture of you on his phone. He wasn't thinking about it; he just did it. He made a note to send you the pictures later.

A few minutes later, you finished the bag of peanuts and threw them away. "What's next on our schedule?" Riki asked when you got back.

You pulled out your phone and read the attachment. "Well, it appears we have to pick up old toys from your Mom's and give them to a daycare. It doesn't say which one, though."

"I do," Riki said, standing up and walking away. "Hold on, wait for me!" you said, following behind me.

When you got to Ms. Park's house, there was a trash bag of toys sitting on the front porch. You noticed her house was also a townhome.

Riki tried to pick up the trash bag, but it was too heavy. He attempted to swing it over his shoulder but made it worse. He could hear someone laughing and snapping a picture.

"Although I would love to see you struggle all day, we don't have time," you said, grabbing the trash bag and swinging it over your shoulder. Riki's mouth dropped open. "How..."

"It's because I workout. Now show me where this daycare is."

Riki made a note not the get you mad (even though he already has, twice) and walked down the steps in the direction of the daycare.

A few minutes later, you both arrived at a small daycare. To your surprise, Riki held the door open for you. Then you two walked to the front desk. "Mrs. Kim?"

The middle-aged woman looked up, and her facial expression grew shocked. "Ni-ki, is that you?"

Ni-ki? You thought, looking at the boy, who was smiling. "Yes, it's me." Riki beamed, "how are you?"

"I'm doing great! How are you?"

"Great as well."

Ms. Kim chuckled. "My gosh, the last time I saw you was when you couldn't see over the front desk! Who's this wonderful lady right here? Your girlfriend?"

You both shook your heads. "No, ma'am! I'm a student of his mother," you said before Riki could chime in. "Hm, I guess Park Jiwon is still teaching photography!"

"Yes, ma'am, she is.."

Riki pointed to the bag of toys. "We have something to drop off, Mrs. Kim." "Oh yes, of course! Follow me!"

You two followed the woman through the hallway. "Also, please call me Miss Chanmi; you're not a student here anymore," she said.

Miss Chanmi opened the door, revealing kids playing in the room. Riki grabbed the bag and walked to the middle of the room, opening it.

"Are those new toys?" one kid asked. Riki smiled at the boy, nodding. "Yes. These were mine when I was younger, but they still look brand new."

The kids crowded around him, and Riki handed a toy to each kid. Riki was great with kids and seeing the happy kids made you happy too. "Miss Chanmi?" "Yes?" said the woman. "I need to take pictures of Riki with my camera. They're for a—"

"No need to explain, child." Miss Chanmi said, holding her hand up. "Go right ahead."

And that's what you did.

—————
I'm going back to reading now.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!