(3) One Between Us

—————
"You!"

I recognized that voice.

I turned around and saw Y/n pointing right at me. She looked angry. "Point your finger at someone else, not me!" I snapped.

"Not until you buy me a new camera!" she snapped back, walking towards me.

"What's going on here?" Mom asked, standing in between Y/n and me. "Mom, that's the woman who broke my skateboard," I explained.

"Ms. Park, that's the man— no, not man— the boy who broke my Polaroid camera!" said Y/n.

"Excuse me? I'm the same age as you, girl!"

"You weren't acting like it yesterday!"

"Okay, you two, let's calm down!" Mom pleaded, "Can someone explain what happened, please?"

"I can."

Another boy, who was sitting at a desk, came toward us. I didn't even notice he was here! "Yes, Jungwon, please explain."

"Long story short, your son ran into Y/n while she was taking a picture. He broke his skateboard while Y/n broke her Polaroid."

"Is that true?" asked Mom, looking at Y/n and me. We nodded. "She should've been out of my way," I mumbled. "Oh really?" Y/n angrily said. How did she hear that?

"It seems that you don't know how to ride a skateboard, Riki, because you would've easily moved out of my way!"

"I would've crashed into the fountain, Y/n!"

"That would've been better!"

We continued to argue for what seemed like forever until Mom clapped her hands and shouted. "Stop arguing! That's enough!

Y/n and I both jumped, instantly shutting our mouths. In all of my twenty years of living, I had never seen Mom shout that loud before.

"Thank you," she said. "Now, I need you both to sit at these desks in the front; I have to tell you." We took our seats, but I moved one seat away from Y/n, so there was one between us.

"Now that you're finally quiet, I have something to tell you both. Since you love to argue with each other so much," Mom turned her attention to me. "You will work on the project together."

Y/n gasped while I raised an eyebrow. "Project, what project?" Mom looked at Y/n. "Care to explain?"

—————
After I told about the project to Riki, he looked at Ms. Park— or his mom, I should say— and exclaimed, "You want her to follow me for a whole week?!"

Ms. Park nodded. "To take pictures of your daily routine, of course." "But Ms. Park, what camera will I use?" I asked.

She walked behind her desk and opened a drawer, pulling out an older camera. "You will use this for your project." I stood up and walked to her, receiving the camera. "Thank you."

"But Mom, what about my skateboard?" Riki asked. I rolled my eyes. He's still talking about that skateboard.

"Eventually, you will be able to pay for your broken belongings, but with your own money." Ms. Park replied.

"Wait, so she can't pay for my—"

"You heard what I said, Nishimura Riki."

I held back a laugh. I didn't have to buy a new skateboard for that boy, which was great. But what about my camera?

"Alright, everyone is dismissed. Get started on the project!"

—————
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!