(2) The Project

I had a small problem.

I attended a photography school, and the main supply I used was the Polaroid camera. It's now broken, and it's also required and a big part of my grade.

With the broken camera inside my back, I made my way into the school. Chills ran down my spine, afraid of what will happen. "Hey, Y/n!"

I flinched, turning around to see my friend, Yang Jungwon. He gave me a confused look and came toward me. "Did I scare you that much?"

"No," I said, shaking my head. "I'm just a little worried about something."

"What are you worried about?"

I turned my head left and right. Then I grabbed Jungwon's arm and walked to the back of the living room. We sat on the couch, and I retrieved my backpack from off my shoulder. I opened it slowly and pulled out a plastic bag, handing it to him.

Jungwon took the bag and opened it. "What in the world!" he exclaimed. "Shh! Not too loud!" I said. Jungwon had a shocked expression on his face. "How did that happen? I thought you were an extra careful person, Y/n!"

"I didn't break it! Some doofus with a skateboard crashed into me while I took a picture!"

Jungwon winced. "I don't know how you're to explain to Ms. Park about that. You know we have a big project coming up soon."

I winced as well. That big project was a big part of your grade. If I fail the project, I automatically fail the class.

Jungwon looked at his watch. "Time to go to class now." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Good luck."

I sighed, standing up and grabbing the bag with the broken Polaroid. Jungwon followed behind as we walked inside our classroom.

We took our seats in the back, and soon Ms. Park walked in. "Good morning, everyone." "Good morning," said the whole class. "I hope you all had a great weekend because right now, we're going to start the big project!"

My eyes grew wide, and I turned to Jungwon. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"In this project, you all will work with a family or friend, who isn't in this class, and spend time with them for a week. Your job is to take pictures of their daily life and make a collage. Any questions?"

We all shook our heads no.

"Alright then, you are dismissed. Get started on your projects!"

Jungwon and I stayed in our seats as the students made their way out of the classroom. A couple of seconds later, a boy walked in, holding a bag of pastries.

He looked strangely familiar.

"Here you go, Mom," he said. "Oh, thank you so much, Riki!" Ms. Park said, "you're such a sweetheart!"

Something boiled inside me. I stood up from my chair and pointed at Riki.

"You!"

—————
I'm half asleep right now.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!