(6) Throw it in the Fireplace

You walked up to Riki's house and knocked on the door. Riki opened it, and to your surprise, he wasn't in his pajamas.

"Aw, were you ready for me to come over?" you joked. "Haha, very funny." Riki replied, rolling his eyes, "I had to run a quick errand. Just come in."

You nodded and walked inside the house, and Riki closed the door behind you. "So, what's on our schedule for today?" he asked.

"Hm, let me check." you took your phone out of your pocket and checked the schedule Ms. Park sent you. Once you read it, you smiled. "It's super easy. We're going shopping today. She even wrote us a note about it." "Really? Let me read it."

You showed your phone to Riki as he read the note out loud.

My classroom is a little dry. Buy me a few decorations, please.
Ms. Park :)

"As I said, it's super easy." you said, "We can go to the furniture store right across the street."

"Shopping for my mom is not easy," Riki grumbled. "Huh? What do you mean?" you asked.

Riki sighed and motioned for you to follow him to the kitchen. When you got there, you noticed two glasses of orange juice sitting at the table. Riki picked up one of the glasses and handed it to you. "Thank you."

"No problem," Riki said. "Anyways, shopping for my mom is hard. You heard of picky people, but she's not even that; she's way higher than picky."

"When I was in elementary school, her boyfriend bought her an expensive necklace for Christmas. She seemed to love it, wearing it for the whole day. But when he left that night, my mom threw it in the fireplace."

"What?!" you exclaimed. "Yep. Mom told me not to tell anyone. She also said if anyone asks me about the necklace, I have to tell them it's in her jewelry box."

"Did the boyfriend ever find out?"

Riki shook his head. "Only after they broke up a couple of days later."

You realized that this was going to be more difficult than you thought. However, another thought appeared in your head. You smiled. "It's not going hard."

"Did you not hear the story, Y/n?"

"Of course I did! I mean is that Ms. Park is my teacher, but Ms. Park is your mom."

"So?"

"So, that means you know what Ms. Park likes. You lived with her, for goodness sake!"

Riki rolled his eyes. "Okay, I can understand what you mean. Be ready in five." "I'm already ready, though. You, on the other hand—"

You grabbed your camera and took a picture, with the flash on, of course. "Why do you keep doing that, Y/n?!"

You chuckled. "In my twenty years of living, I have never seen someone with an orange juice mustache."

"Why you—"

Before Riki could finish his sentence, you ran out of the kitchen and to the front of the house, opening the door and running outside. Riki chased after you but stopped at the door.

And to his surprise, he was laughing.

—————
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!