A Breakfast with a Difference

I wake up in my big bed. The sun beaming through the window. I'm not on shift at reception till this afternoon so I have the morning to myself.

I take a shower and use some of the expensive toiletries that have been lined up on the shelf inside the bathroom.

I pick out some comfy clothes to wear. Some jeans, a vest and a hoodie. I finish my coffee that I made an hour ago. It's gone cold.
I hear a grumbling in my stomach. I need breakfast. I wonder what the kitchen is cooking up this morning.

I walk down to reception to see Anna behind the desk, dressed all smart in her uniform. The blue of the jacket matches her hair. I don't think she intended it that way but it works.

"What is Charlie cooking this morning?" I ask her. "Please say he's baked those custard pastry things"

"He has and they are bloody delicious " she smirks. "Go and grab a couple"

I walk into the kitchen to see Charlie and Lizzie making breakfast.
They were always on breakfast duty. Lizzie does these scrambled egg dishes that are absolutely amazing and Charlie's custard pastries are to die for.

I spy a tray of the pastries sitting on the trolley, ready to be took out to the dining room. I best not take any of them. They are for the guests.

"Charlie? Any going spare?" I ask with a cheeky grin.

"Yes, I saved two for you just in case you came down hunting for them" he laughed.

I smiled at him as he handed me a plate with two pastries on it. I took a bite of one and my stomach did somersaults.

"Holy fuck I have missed these" I gasp as I take another bite and filling my mouth with custard.

"Go sit in the dining room and I will bring you out some eggs and bacon" piped up Lizzie. "Some of the others are in there too, including Terry"

I didn't think we would be allowed to eat in the dining room as it was strictly for guests only. I suppose it is a free for all if we are not on duty. We are just part of the guest list too.

I walk through the double doors to the dining room. There are a lot of people already in here. The band have a fairly big entourage it seems.

I walk over to the table where Terry, Dean and Claire are sitting. I pull a chair out and sit down with my half eaten food.

"You found the good stuff then?" laughed Claire. She was one of the cleaners. She had short blonde hair, cropped around her ears and scruffy on top. I liked seeing her friendly face when I was working. We would talk about her pet dog, her girlfriend and the holidays they took when they went camping. She is so down to earth.

"I did" I replied." And I'm getting eggs and bacon too"

We all started talking about our first day back at work yesterday and our experiences with the band and their group.

"I'm glad I'm not cleaning this morning" laughed Dean. "One of the sound tech guys drank a lot last night and threw up in the bin next to his bed. Zara told me she had to just chuck it away as it was ruined"

Lizzie opens the doors and walks over to our table with the bacon and eggs she had cooked for me. They look and smell amazing.

"I better get back to the office" says Terry as he gets up. "I have a pile of paperwork already"

"I'm going to walk back to my room" adds Claire. "You walking with me Dean?"

He nods, taking the last sip of his coffee and they all leave me alone at the table.

I start to eat my breakfast while gazing around the room. I notice there must be at least 20 people in the dining room, including some of the band. I look over at their table and the one called Frank looks up and notices me. He smiles, his mouth stretches and moves his lip ring.
I smile back and then look down and my plate to continue eating.

I just on my last mouthful when the chair beside me pulls out and a man sits down.

"Hi, I'm Frank" he says, holding out his hand for me to shake.

I put down my cutlery, swallow my mouthful and shake his hand.

"I'm Holly" I smile at him.

"So you work the front desk do you?" He asks.

"Yes, along with my friend Anna. She is there at the moment. I will be on later"

"That's cool. So I will be seeing you around here a lot in the next few weeks" he smiles.

I grin back and nod.

"Cool. Maybe you can join us for drinks at the bar later. We are all having a little party before the real work begins tomorrow. Bring Anna too" he adds.

"That sounds like fun. Has everything been set up ok in the ballroom for you?" I ask.

"Pretty much. I think the sound guys are checking it over later became they have hangovers this morning" he rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Partying last night as well were you?" I giggle.

"No, just the sound techs. Those guys would drink every night if they could" he chuckled. "I was in my room alone playing XBox. I brought it with me so I wouldn't be bored when there was no work to do".

"I love playing XBox" I said shyly. "I should of brought mine with me. I'm in the middle of The Witcher game. Knew I would forget to pack something "

"Well you are more than welcome to come play with mine sometime. I have lots of games" he says, then laughs as he realises the words that have come out of his mouth.

I start to blush again and he just smiles at me.

"I will leave you to finish off your food" he says while looking at the half eaten pastry left on the table. "Hope I get to see you later in the bar"

He smiles and gives me a wink.
I smile back then he turns and joins the group at the table he was sitting at.

Wow, what the fuck just happened?. I blushed again. I never blush when speaking to guys.
What is this man doing to me?

I grab my plates and cutlery and dart off back to the kitchen to put it near the dishwasher.

I walk out to the main lobby where Anna is sitting, tapping her pen and looking bored.
She spots me and waves.

"It turns out, it's pretty boring here when there isn't a regular stream of guests appearing" she laughs. "Did you manage to get some breakfast?"

"I did" I smirk."and I got us an invite to a little party that's happening in the bar tonight with the band"

"Nooooooooo" Anna gasps. "You sly little fox. Mingling with the band. I knew you were my best friend for a reason"

I laugh at her as she starts to squeak with excitement.

"Calm down Anna" I say as I try and stop her arms from flapping. "More importantly, what the fuck are we going to wear?"