Friends in Turmoil

Back to Holly's POV

I knock on Anna's door and take a deep breath.

She opens the door and gives me a big hug, pulling me inside and closing the door behind me.

She seems really happy and upbeat. I'm dreading telling her my news. I'm going to break her heart.

"I have some news to tell you" I say to her , keeping my head down.

"Oh my god, I have some for you too" she shrieks. She drags me to the bed and makes me sit down next to her.

"You go first" I say, giving me a little time to work out the words I will say to her.

"Well me and Gee had a little talk and after he leaves, I'm going to hand in my resignation at the hotel and give up my apartment. I'm going to move in with him" she says in a high pitched excited voice.

"What?" I gasp. "Oh shit Anna"

"I know but we have decided that what we have is too much of a good thing and we want it to carry on" she smiles. She waves her hands and arms in the air as she is explaining it all to me.

I'm shocked. I've been worried about leaving her here when I move with Frank and she will only be 10 minutes away at Gerard's house!.
This whole experience is just getting crazier!

"So what did you want to tell me?" She says as she bounces on the bed, making herself comfortable after erratically explaining her news.

"Well, I'm moving in with Frank" I explain. Pausing to see her reaction.

"Fucking hell Holly, we are practically going to be neighbours" she laughs.

"I know" I laugh. "I've been worried about telling you because I'm leaving as soon as Frank does and I was scared of leaving you behind".

"I was too but I knew you would understand" she says as she grabs my hand. "So are you going when they go?. I've been thinking of leaving it a couple of weeks to finalize everything."

"Yeah!. I'm resigning and my last day at the hotel will be Frank's last day". I explain to her. "I don't know what to do with my apartment or all my things. I haven't even thought of that yet. I've only just spoke to Frank about the whole thing".

"And then came to tell me?" She laughs. "I love how you can be so flippant sometimes"

"So what are your plans?" I ask her. Anna seems to have this all worked out. Maybe I should follow in her footsteps.

"I'm planning on leaving the hotel when Gee does. He goes home, or stays at mine" she carries on explaining. "I pack up everything I want to take, to donate or to throw away and then I move. I will probably leave two weeks later after leaving here"

"That actually sounds like a better plan than what I had planned. I was just going to dump and run" I laugh.

She laughs with me. "Maybe put that idea to Frank. We can fly out together then once everything is sorted".

"Ok I will talk to him. Hopefully he can stay and help too" I smile.

"I can't believe how everything has happened" she shakes her head. "It's like a crazy fever dream".

"Frank told me that he loves me" I smile.

"Whhaaattt?" She shrieks. "And why did you miss telling me that news"

"I don't know" I laugh. "It's all a bit sudden. I think I'm actually still in shock".

She leans forward and gives me a hug. Then shrieks in my ear with excitement.

"Agghhhh Frankie loves you" she shouts. "We definitely need to celebrate this great news. I will get Gee and we will get together and pop some champagne. This calls for massive celebrations"

She grabs her phone and starts compiling a text and presses send. A message tone follows shortly after. She opens it up and reads it.

"Yeah, Gee is in for the celebration". She smiles. "I'm thinking, we have a meal in the restaurant. Champagne and good food. It will just be us because everyone else eats in their room".

Anna picks up her phone and dials the kitchen number. She explains to Bobby the chef, who is on duty this evening, that we will have four meals served in the restaurant. After some talking, she puts down the phone.

"All sorted. Dinner is in 30 minutes. Go get some nice clothes on and let's celebrate" she says as she drags me off the bed and pushes me towards the door.

I get back to my own room and Frank is sitting there biting his nails.

"So?" He says, looking nervously at me.

"It so happens that Anna is moving in with Gerard" I laugh.

"What the fuck?" He gasps. "so she won't be leaving you at all. She will be our neighbour?"

"Uh huh" I smile as I nod my head.

Frank gets up and walks over to me, giving me a tight squeeze. Kissing my neck softly with little light kisses.

"This is crazy but it seems like everything is falling into place" he grins at me.

"It is" I chuckle. "Oh and we have dinner in the restaurant with Anna and Gee in 30 minutes"

"Shit, I better get dressed then" he laughed and dropped his towel as he runs off to the bathroom.

I see his cute little butt disappear behind the door.

I laugh and grab my black dress from the closet and put it on. Swoops my hair up and put it in a pile on my head with a flower clip.

Frank comes out of the bathroom in a long-sleeved top and smart jeans. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"You look gorgeous," he says as he kisses my neck. "I can't wait to do this every single day.

I turn round and give him a kiss.

"I can't wait either" I smile. "I love you, Frank"

"I love you too" he replies. "Let's go eat"