22 - Listen up!! A Tale From The Past

~~~

       They were now gathered at the Class 1-A's Hero Basic Training Class outside Field Gamma, a metal labyrinth densely packed with steel factories. It was a simple rescue training race.

"If we are doing a rescue training, then shouldn't we do it at USJ?" Iida asked.

All might replies by tell him that it was made for training for disasters. He went on to explains that the class will be broken up into five four-man groups and race one group at a time towards a distress signal sent by the Symbol of Peace somewhere inside. The first group consists of Deku, Iida, Mina, Sero and Ojiro.

The others counted out Deku almost immediately because of his lack of mobility and not to mention the drawbacks of using his Quirk that would put him at a disadvantage, while the others had a better chance of winning.

The race immediately started with Sero leading it, Deku suddenly passes by Sero taking first place with a smile on his face. Deku easily maneuvers throughout the terrain by swiftly jumping from one area to another, leaving the others behind.

Everyone could only stare in shock at the sight of Deku.

'Those moves....aren't they Bakugos...?'

"Bakugo...?" Izumi called out only to be ignored, He sighed and turned away. In the end Sero ended up winning since Deku lost his footing and ended up losing.

~~~

           The girls were now in the lockers rooms changing back into there unifrom.

"I wasn't expecting Deku to move like that." Jiro stated.

"Bakugo was completely mad." Mina laughed.

"I mean who wouldn't, he basically got his move stolen." Izumi replied.

"But still he did amazing." Uraraka smiled.

"Jiro what's wrong?" Momo asked, as Jiro made her way towards the wall before putting her earphone plug into causing Mineta to scream.

The girls were annoyed with Minoru's antics and thank Jiro for stopping him. Jiro notices that during Minoru's rave about all the girls, she was the only one he failed to mention, thus feeling dejected.

"Jiro?"

~~~

            School was finally over, Izumi had followed Deku to their meeting spot with All Might. As we walked in All Might had a serious face.

"Have a seat you two."

It seemed that Izumi wasn't the only one who notice that All Might was different today.

"You two went through a lot, huh? I'm sorry I couldn't be nearby." All Might said.

"There's no need for you to apologize, All Might." Izumo told him.

"Izumi's right...this isn't something you should be apologizing for, All Might...more important, um what did you mean when you said you wanted to talk about One For All?"

"I heard...that the hero kill got a lick of your blood."

"Oh, yes...His Quirk was one that could keep someone from moving after ingesting their blood...What about it?"

"Do you remember what I said when I gave you my power?"

"Eat this."

"?"

"No, not that part. I said that it didn't matter what it was as long as you took my DNA."

"Th-Then d-don't tell me, the h-hero killer has One For All now...?!"

"No. I highly doubt that's the case." Izumi told him. "I'm pretty sure All Might was telling you this so you wouldn't be worried, but going by how you reacted you completely forgot about it."

All Might starts by making sure Deku understood that even though Stain got his blood, he couldn't obtain One For All unless Deku wished it upon him. One For All cannot be forcibly stolen, but that didn't mean it couldn't be forcibly passed on.

"I see...so the reason Deku can use One For All is because you wished it upon him, am I right?" Izumi asked.

"Yes, that's correct." All might said before going on to explain the origin of the Quirk called One For All.

"It's a special Quirk. Yes, and this is how it came about...One For All was derived from a certain Quirk that existed in the past." All might said,

"The name of that Quirk All For One. A Quirk that could steal Quirks from others and make them the holder's, and one that could give those Quirks to others."

"Everything...from one person?"

"Long ago when the phenomenon of Quirks first appeared and society had not adapted to them, the world was trapped in an age of upheaval and chaos. From that chaos, a man who could steal Quirks rose up to lead all of the people and took over Japan." All Might recalled.

"I've seen rumors about this online." Deku said, which Izumi nodded in agreement.

All Might responds by telling us that the evil ruler had the ability to give out Quirks, but often put people in a catatonic state who could not handle their powers, not unlike the Nomu.

The man and his Quirk are named All For One. All For One gave his younger brother a Quirk that could culminate power because he was Quirkless and would constantly resent him for his evil deeds.

The brother was actually only thought to be Quirkless, and actually had the ability to pass on Quirks to other people. His Quirk combined with the ability to stockpile power created the origin of One For All.

'What's with this dramatic background music?' Izumi thought.

"It's ironic that justice always come from evil."

"Hey, wai––, I understand how that came about, but why are you bringing up an evildoer from so long ago now?" Deku asked.

"He can steal Quirks, you know. Anything goes. A Quirk to stop aging...He probably stole something like that. The Symbol of Evil was pretty much immortal...With the huge difference in their combat abilities and the star of the society at the time, the defeated younger brother decided to entrust his Quirk to future generations...

He believed that even if he couldn't win then, if he slowly cultivated the power, then one day, it would become strong enough to stop his older brother. And then, when it was my turn, I was finally able to defeat him! At least, that's what I thought, but he survived." All Might said.

"And now he's moving as the brains behead the League of Villains." Izumi finished. "That means the power Deku inherited from you was to defeat All For One just like the people before, so that means one day..."

"Yes, one day you may her to fight against this great evil...but not alone. Young Ryuzu this might be hard to ask, but would you please fight this great evil with Young Midoriya?" He asked.

"I'll do my best." Izumi told smiled.

"Me too! I'll do my best! I'll do whatever you ask of me, no matter what it is! As long as you're with me, I can do anything! That's what it feels like!"

"All Might..." Izumi called out, he didn't look good at all. It looks like he wanted to say something, but was holding himself back.

"Thank you..."

That included the meeting with All Might and us, as we walked away, but the face that All Might was making kept on bothering Izumi not to mention his gut suddenly dropped when saw All Might make that face.

A face that promised he wouldn't be here for long.