Eddie -glowing-

- edited

The sun began to set as we left the inside of the trailer. The sky beamed with orange as I waited for him to adjust the ladder. The sound of birds was the only other sound that could be heard in the small park he lived in, and it was one of the most calming things I had ever known.

I didn't even realise Eddie had been standing next to me as I looked into the setting sun. I turned my head to him when I finally noticed, to see him already staring at me.

"You okay?" He asked, genuinely concerned. I nodded my head and realised it was probably because of my resting face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I added while plastering a smile on my face to ensure my answer. Eddie smiled back and lifted his arm to rub my back. He motioned to the ladder with his head which I followed and made my way over to it.

"Ladies first," I laughed slightly and started to climb the ladder. Eddie gripped onto the bottom to make sure if my safety until I reached the top and sat on the roof. Eddie threw a blanket and two pillows up to the roof before climbing up himself. I laid out the blanket and put the pillows where our heads would be resting.

Before we knew it, the sun had fallen and the moon had taken over the sky. The stars began to fill the blank spaces as we got comfortable on the blanket. Eddie laid down fully as I rested on top of him, where I could still see the sky. Our breathing morphed into one sound as we both relaxed in our positions.

"You know what I've noticed?" He looked at me in curiosity.

"I've never just taken a good look at the sky like this," He laughed at my statement and and looked back up to the stars.

"I don't really think I have either. I've been too busy looking at you," He turned back to face me again. I laughed at his cheesiness as his lips tugged into a grin. He pulled me closer as I stared into the different constellations.

"It's so beautiful," My comment made him look back up to the sky before looking at me once again.

"Not as beautiful as you," His line made me laugh and playfully swat his chest.

"Oh yeah?" I continued to play along with him.

"Yeah, you're glowing," He leaned his head down and gave me a kiss on the forehead which I was only half content with. I leaned up to him to lay a proper kiss on his lips which he returned straight away. Smiles took over our faces as we spent the rest of the night pointing out stars.