Eddie -tattoo-

- guys i've never gotten a tattoo so idk how it works BAHAH
- edited

Eddie gathered his car keys with a smile the whole time. His excitement left an effect on me which calmed my nerves slightly. I was excited to get a tattoo but I was also worried I wouldn't like it, or I'd change my mind or something.

"Ready sweetheart?" He looked so happy with everything in that moment that I couldn't help smiling with him. He took my hand and led me out to his car. When we both sat down he watched me intently as I bit my lip in nervousness.

"You know, you don't have to get one," he said while giving me a sympathetic smile.

"No, no I want one don't worry!" I reassured him, returning the smile. He started the car and we were on our way to the tattoo parlor. For the whole drive there, all I could hear was Eddie rambling on about what his first tattoo was like which made me awe at him and his cuteness.

Walking into the building, my hands became sweaty as I thought more and more about my tattoo. It wasn't that big of a deal, only small but of course with it being my first tattoo came the unsettling yet exciting feeling of doing something new. I squeezed Eddie's hand as we made our way to the front desk.

"Hey, what can I do for ya'," the lady at the front desk asked in a strong texan accent. Her smile practically radiated sunshine as she waited for our answer. It was genuinely sweet. She was covered in almost all red tattoos from her neck down yet she still looked so approachable.

"Hello! Um, I have a booked appointment for myself," I told her nervously.

"You want a tattoo?" she asked, almost laughing in the process. Eddie let out a laugh and tried to compose himself to speak.

"Yeah, she wants a tattoo," he said to her which made her stand up with the same smile she had on when we walked in. I was honestly embarrassed.

"Come with me darlin'! I'm Ophelia" she said enthusiastically. Eddie and I introduced ourselves. She led me to a chair and asked me to sit as she pulled herself a stool close so that she could sit.

"So, do you know what you want or where you want it?"

"Yeah actually I was wanting to get a dove on my wrist?"

"Of course hun! Do you have any references?"

"Um, no sorry?" I told her, unsure of what my answer should be. She smiled genuinely at my embarrassment as Eddie smirked at me from where he was standing.

"No worries, I'll draw some up and you can choose. Does that sound alright?" She asked. I nodded in agreement as she wheeled herself to a desk nearby and started doodling.

"You alright?" Eddie asked, almost laughing at me. I felt a little more relaxed at his laugh, plus Ophelia was very welcoming.

"Yeah, I'm feeling alright," I said as I reviewed the situation. It was a tiny tattoo which I could hide easily and I suddenly felt a lot more confident as Ophelia spun back around with three sketches.

(choose whichever you like most)

I pointed to my favourite one with a smile on my face as Ophelia smiled

"In black? Or would you like a different colour?" She asked me a few more questions before gathering her equipment.

"Alright! You ready y/n?"

"Yep, I'm ready," I said as she stared outlining what she was going to tattoo. Once she had finished with the wipeable ink, she looked up at me to double check I was ready to get the tattoo done. I reassured her and watched her as she did her art on my wrist. She would adjust her afro in a humorous manner such as swinging her head in a mocking way towards Eddie and make jokes to lighten my mood which I appreciated greatly.

The tattoo didn't take long as it wasn't very large and she covered it in cling wrap when it was finished.

"There we go hun, wasn't so bad was it?" She asked, smiling as usual. I shook my head as I stared in awe at her amazing work.

"Alright, try stay out of the sun for at least a week and keep that cling wrap on for a while just to let the ink settle. I'm sure your boyfriend knows what to do so you should be fine!" She said walking us both back to the front desk to pay.

"It looks super cool," Eddie said as he glanced at it every now and again. I know its not something he'd get but to be honest I felt really brave after getting it.

"Bye guys! I hope you both have a good day!"

"Thanks Ophelia, I really appreciate it," I said as we walked out. Eddie said his thank you's to be polite as we walked out of the building. He grabbed my hand which was tattooed and looked at it for a second as we walked towards the car.

"Like it?" He asked.

"Of course, she did an awesome job," He smiled as my response as we got in the car, both of us smiling like idiots.