Eddie -prom pt2-

- a short and sweet ending to part 1
- Edited

The lights glared through the gym as Eddie and I made our way to the other students, holding hands. The other students danced together as we watched.

"Dance with me?" Eddie asked, confidence flowing through his voice. I let out a laugh and happily took his hand as he led me out to the middle of the court. A slow song was playing and Eddie didn't hesitate to pull me in. I was completely taken aback by his advances to slow dance to a song I know he doesn't like but I knew he was doing it for me and I appreciated it greatly.

"You look lovely in a suit," I complimented him with complete honesty and admiration. He cringed at the word lovely but nevertheless smiled at the attempt of kindness. I laughed as I could physically feel his repulse.

"Thank you sweetheart," He replied, pulling me as close as humanly possible to him while still swaying to the music in the colourful lights. My eyes closed and it felt as if the gym was empty and Eddie and I were the only two people in the whole school.

My arms felt so natural around his neck as our feet moved in sync to the music and I leaned my head on his chest. His arms felt warm as they wrapped around my torso to hold me close.

"I love you," The words slipped out of my mouth without realising what I was even doing.

"I love you too," Eddie said the same words back to me without even the slightest of hesitation, as if he had been saying them to me since the beginning of time. Everything felt in place as my heart soared in my chest.