Ch.14 Thoughts

***

Third Person P.O.V

The class before lunch was always rowdy, at least from what Delphina could see. Paper planes and birds flying around class, people running after one another around the room. It was hectic for even just her eyes to take in, but they focused on a particular group, sitting across the classroom laughing away.

4 mischievous boys

Sirius and James sat on the wooden desk, their legs swinging the chairs they were supposed to be on. Peter, desperate to sit cooly had his chair backwards, his legs on either side. He rested his head on the chair and looked at the two boys. Remus, though, actually sat in his chair behind the desk, his parchment ready for when McGonagall arrived. His head raised slightly to meet the boys' eyeline. She noticed how he wore a bright smile as he listened to his friends' conversation.

It did not set her thoughts on them in stone, she didn't know the boys enough to make a final judgement. Even if she couldn't hear their voices, she undoubtedly knew they were loud, ever since they caused a ruckus starting in the 1st year.

She didn't think they were rude or obnoxious, but sometimes arrogant towards other people. Sometimes they took it too far with their pranks, especially towards Slytherin, and did things that were unnecessary. They were just testosterone-filled teenage boys who were living life, but she didn't think that they would ever mix.

*****

The great hall was always lively at night. Everyone needed it after a long day of sitting and hearing teachers lecture. People sat at the tables and talked about the day that had just passed.

A nudge on her shoulder showed Pandora a suggestive smile upon seeing what her best friends were so clearly staring at. It still caused a tint of peppermint pink to coat her cheeks as she watched Pandora ask.

"How are you and Remus doing?"

"Very good"

Her smile contained, embarrassed to surrender her deep thoughts about the boy in the great hall. Pandora gave her a knowing look, swung her book bag over her shoulder and quickly signed to tell her later before standing up.

She flashed one last smile before heading down to Xenophilius. He greeted her with a bright smile Delphina hoped that would be her one day with someone who loved her just as much as he did anything else. Could Remus be her endless happiness? A quick glance confirmed her question. Remus was already looking her way, his head resting on his hand. His daydream-like stare now paired with a bright goofy smile as he caught her eyes, his daring side took over, sending her a quick wink before listening to his friends' conversations.

Delphie's eyes widened in surprise at his sudden boldness. Maybe he was a mischievous marauder.

*****

His confident persona did not last long, the next day he looked unearthly. His tan skin had turned a ghost white, making the bag under his eyes clear as the day his warm presence had vanished. He now looked to be on the verge of death.

It bothered Delphina to see him with no smile and no personality. All she wanted to do was to take care of him, but her attempts always failed as his 3 friends kept him at an arm's reach at all times. It was almost impossible to even catch a glimpse of him as soon as classes ended. His friends whisked him away. Also, being absent at meal times was freaking her out even more.

But it comforted her to see that his friends were so kind and caring, not just a teenage boy who acts like he doesn't care about anything. They were very protective of the lanky boy Delphine had noted. She watched as the boys brought him chocolate, gave him spare notes, and carried his books.

Maybe, just maybe, those 3 boys weren't so bad.

Word Count: 661