Ch.18 Birthday

***

Third Person P.O.V

February 9th had arisen and so did the age of Delphina, the bright colorist sun rays folded into the blue dorm. The now 16-year-old was in an odd dream but she was peacefully tucked into her warm sheets until two very overtly excited friends scared her awake.

Two decently heavy forces fell onto the girl halting her dream and jolting her up to see the duo laughing, Delphie began to process what had happened and rolled her eyes falling back onto her pillow to catch 5 more minutes of sleep.

The pressure has dissipated from on top of her legs and replaced with something of a lighter weight. They pulled her dead arm along with the rest of her body. Her back moved to rest against the headboard, it caused her eyes to flutter open to see Pandora.

Two heavy forces fell onto the girl suspending her dream and jolting her up to see the duo laughing. Delphie slowly processed what had happened and rolled her eyes, falling back onto her pillow to catch 5 more minutes of sleep.

Her smile was intoxicating, and the sun seemed to bounce off her sparkly teeth. Remus sat by her feet with the same grin. It was freaking Delphie out by the identical expressions paired with her boyfriend's constant fidgeting and his eyes regularly darting down to her legs.

Eventually, her eyes sought down to a small white box. Around the box was a light turquoise ribbon formed in a bow. The Gryffindor hinted for her to open the box, and though Dee looked at Pandora with unsure eyes, her reassuring nod made her lunge for the package.

She took more time to look at the box after she removed the ribbon. It looked as if it could contain a piece of jewelry, specifically a necklace or bracelet. It tempted the birthday girl to shake it, but the present could be fragile and might break. Before lifting the lid, she took one last glance at Pandora and Remus who were as excited as a child on Christmas.

Remus was beyond nervous about Dee's reaction. He had been preparing this gift since they were official. He knew it would be hard work, even downright impossible, but with an enthusiastic Pandora, she put her hobby to the test. The blonde was shaking with excitement and her hands were clenched hard from the energy pumping through her veins, when Remus came to her with the idea she was on board straight away. She's had thoughts about it before, but she knew it would take a lot of time, energy, effort, and determination.

Nothing from her research showed that it had ever been done before. This was the perfect time for Delphina to have it. Since Pandora was young, she loved the idea of making her own spells. She dabbled over summers and brainstormed during school. She was willing to take the challenge for her.

They both prayed that it would work.

It had to work.

Because it was for Delphina.

The box revealed a set of gorgeous earrings, a small piece of wire with small butterflies covered in tiny crystals. The brunette held a hand to her chest as she gasped in shock. They were beautiful. The clear minerals bounced the light around the room. Tears started to form in her eyes at the sheer beauty of the jewelry. A hand lifted her to meet her boyfriend's eyes.

With no words or sign language, he shuffled closer to the girl, now only inches away, and picked the earrings out of the box while Delphine subconsciously turned her head away from him. He carefully and delicately grasped her ear and hooked the earring snugly on her earlobe. Remus completed the other side as gently as the first. Grasping both of Dee's cheeks and locking eyes, the girl frowned upon noticing that he mirrored her glossy eyes.

He brought her in for what felt like their last kiss, all the desperation and hope she felt from the hip, slightly chapped lips to hers. It made a pit in her stomach, a very deep pit as she was dangling with one foot over the edge with only a crumbling rock holding and keeping her safe. Something was about to happen, and she was already nervous.

As they kissed, Pandora pulled her wand and pointed it at her friend, performing the spell. Once the words were done, she started to chew her nails, anxiously awaiting the results. Remus pulled away just enough to see her face lightly stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"Delphina"

His voice was low and horse as he awaited her reaction. It took her a second to realize what had just happened. Her eyes widened and her hand covered her gaped mouth and dropped jaw.

She could hear.

She could hear his voice and laughter. Her head spun to see Pandora beside her, laughing with tears streaming down her pale cheeks as she plopped herself next to Remus, the sound of the mattress springs compressing.

"Dee, can you hear us" The girl in question took in her best friend's voice was as soft and delicate as silk.

A very subtle nod and occasional sniffs as she rested her aching head on Remus's chest as she sobbed. Her arms snaked around each of them, pulling them close together. Delphina's hands clutched the fabric of their shirts as her fallen tear created a damp puddle on her sheets. Remus and Pandora felt her body heave up in down at the waterfall of emotions she was processing.

"Thank you"

Word Count: 934