Ch.16 Hogsmeade Date

***

Third Person P.O.V

Saturday meant Hogsmeade, and this Saturday meant it was the day of the date. Their very first date. From a technical stance, it would be their second date, but as an official couple, it was their very first. Remus had been freaking out the entire week, the anxiety and stress building up as the days passed by and the weekend grew closer. As he prepared to meet Dee, he felt like his life was collapsing. He still hadn't told his friends, so he was a nervous wreck with no reassurance from James' or Sirius's 'expert' moves and Peter's reassuring food.

He had to keep reminding himself that it was Delphie, his Delphina and that even if it was awkward, they would push through it. It could go just as perfectly as their book date went

Delphina was at the same level as Remus, spending all morning deciding on what to wear until Pandora came back from breakfast to see her crisis. Once she had agreed on an outfit both nice and comfortable, she walked with a deathly grip on her best friend's hand.

*****

Their encounter that morning before going to the Hogsmeade was flawless. People thought it was a romance novel moment. The awkward teenage boy stood at the door of the courtyard, flowers picked fresh from the forbidden forest bunched in his grasp.

His eyes caught Delphina walking down his way, her hand laced with Pandora's. He wanted to roll out a lavish red carpet for her to strut down. All the adrenaline caressed through her, making her hands shake and her head wasn't thinking straight. Was she shaking with anticipation or anxiety?

The couple strolled towards the quaint town, swinging their hands as the snow crunched beneath them. A comfortable silence as the busy town rang through Remus's ears paired with the familiar creaking sounds of the carriages brought comfort to them.

Instead of a usual Hogsmeade date where everyone subsides in the three broomsticks, they headed straight towards the library. Remus held the door open for Dee. A wave of warmth and comfort washed over her. The cashier greeted them with a bright smile, nodding towards the boy behind her once he spotted the clasped hands.

Delphina glanced behind to see Remus replicating his actions. He noticed her confused expression and waved her off, instead pulling her further into the store to search. They spent a considerable amount of time wandering around in a rush of excitement at the different selections for her and Remus, even Regulus. But she restrained herself from buying all of them. After placing back her London clock tower of books, it left her with three, two for her and one she thinks Regulus would like.

The cashier scanned her books with a subtle smirk at the adorable couple. Remus' hand was around her waist, interlocking fingers with her right hand. She paid and stuffed them in her tote bag, glancing to see the man's mouth, "Have a nice day, you two".

"Who's the Sci-fi book for?" Remus had signed to her as he scanned through her three picks noticing one did not look like the others.

"A friend" She replied simply. Regulus had told her over Christmas from a secret letter that he had finished Dune and wondered if she could get him the next part in the series or another weird yet oddly good recommendation.

Remus didn't proceed with her any further her answer was enough for him to think nothing of it, he didn't need to pry he knew that Delphine wasn't like that she was just a very caring and loving friend to everyone.

As lunch rolled around, they stumbled into the lively three broomsticks. Remus left to get the couple drinks, allowing Delphina to search for a table. Spotting one tucked away in the front corner next to the window, a sigh of relief left her lips as she sat. Her legs ached from having to keep up with his gifted long legs. But she was having the best time out with Remus, all the talking and sparks made her feel alive like never before. The witch would never have thought that she could deserve all of this, having someone so invested in her made Dee feel so special all because of Remus Lupin.

*****

The couple stood just outside of Honeydukes after getting far too many sweets for later. Bright warm lights illuminated out the window onto the teens bringing some warmth on a frigid day, Delphina was preoccupied admiring Remus as he examined his chocolate frog card that she didn't notice the delicate white start to gracefully fall from the sky until the chilling flake landed on her nose.

Soft snow fell down onto the small town below. He brought up his finger, gently wiping away the cold molecule from her red nose. Delphie's eyes watched carefully as his somehow warm hands warmed her peppermint pink cheeks, she rested her head on his shoulder burying herself into his warm neck. He grinned deciding to test the waters by hesitantly wrapping his free arm around her waist, he observed no negative reaction so, he pulled her closer as they stood closely wrapped in each other's warmth in front of the candy store as the snow faintly fell.

Dee took her free hand and interlocked it with hers in a perfect fit. It was the perfect day for both teenagers it couldn't get any better than how they were standing so lovingly close to each other with no care in the world except for the person next to them.

Remus cast a curious glance as Delphine removed her head from his neck to look at him, she leaned up close bear brown eyes not wavering from his honey brown as he inched closer. His eyes fluttered shut after noticing her closed lids, he pulled her closer by her waist finally submitting the kiss.

Sparks flung off their lips as they remained locked in with passion, admiration and love. 

Word Count: 1008