Ch.19 Shoe

***

***

Remus never realised her voice would be so angelic.

After 16 years with no use of her vocals, they were soft and delicate. Now he got to hear the beauty of her voice, watch as she learnt to express herself in a new way. Of course, he thought Dee was gorgeous without her voice and hearing, but the thought of hearing her say "I love you" one day with her voice made her precious to him. He wanted to protect her forever, keep her safe in his forever dream where they could run around in the quietest library just so he could hear her laughs echo from the walls.

It shocked Delphine not just to hear her voice, but the fact that she could hear the entire world. The sound of her fingers turning a book, the small wave that crashed at the black lake and the cafe chatter back at home. She had been so used to a world of silence that this new world excited her. A part of it scared her how would her mother react? then it hit her. She would be able to hear her mother's voice and she could hear her own daughter's vocals. It really was the best present that she could ask for.

"Oh, this is so wonderful," she softly laughed through her tears, watching Pandora and Remus react to her voice. It came out as another whisper. It would take some getting used to using something she had not required for her entire life.

"We're so happy for you," Pandora choked out as she dashed to wipe away her own tears. Delphina attacked her. What was her only best friend for the longest time in a teary embrace. With tiny giggles as they fell off the bed on the rug, Remus jokingly shook his head at the duo sprawled on the floor.

After another hour of goofing around, it was finally time for breakfast. Pandora got a head-start letting the couple have some alone time. Dee came out of the bathroom dressed in her uniform slightly adjusting her tie and skirt. Remus was sitting on her bed, patiently waiting.

She slung her book back over her shoulder, turning behind her to see Remus standing only a few metres away. His hands slivered around her waist, terminating the once gap and rested his chin on her soft mint smelling hair. "I can't believe it worked," he mumbled as they swayed.

"Thank you so much, Remus, but can you wait for me outside?" He nodded and snuck one last grin in before heading out of the dorm and down the stairs.

Delphina's smile faded as she glanced down at her wrist. The bracelet that had done it all was her prized possession. Without the simple piece of jewellery, she would never have come to Hogwarts. Never had she met Pandora, the best possible friend Dee could wish for, and never discovered her love for learning and magic. She wouldn't have Regulus drone on about books for hours on end. And, of course, Remus wouldn't be in her life. She teared up at the thought of never having a first date, kiss, or boyfriend. Delphine thought about all the devotion and dedication he had for her.

Learning sign language, making her hear for the first time, and listening to her express her enjoyment of classes. Remus was always patient with her, and she adored it. Never would she have thought that anyone would care for her so much that wasn't Pandora or her mother.