Chapter 26

Bang,bang,bang. The cream colored door was knocked off its hinges and three men walked in with guns in their hands,Timothy picked me up and ran to the living room. He sat with me under a table alongside April and Theodore,they hushed us as we heard yelling and laughing. Mommy and daddy came under the table with us and looked at us with sad smiles.

"Are you two okay?"

I nodded. "Yes what's going on mommy?"

"Um,me and daddy are going to go away for a while. Tim and Theo will stay here and protect you,"

"No! Daddy I want to go with you."

"You can't darling,you'll see us soon. Your almost of age to know what's going on in your life but for now you need to stay with Timothy, always listen to them and I promise you that you'll see me soon."

He kissed my forehead and stayed there for a while,mommy then did the same after kissing April.

"I want you two to know that I love you so very much. You know that don't you?"

"Yeah. Mommy I'm gonna miss you."

"Shh,don't cry." She picked me up and held me tight rubbing my back,she sat me back on Timothy's lap then put my long hair on my shoulders and rubbed April's cheek. "You two are so beautiful,you are very important to us and one day you'll make a big difference. Take care of each other."