chapter 25- introducing angel

Max p.o.v.

I never knew I could love my sweet little angel more then I already did. Today was honestly the best day of my life. I mean not when I seen harper in pain I hated that. My heart broke seeing her in pain. As soon as my baby girl cried though it was like everything else was forgotten about and all I could see was my little girl. She truly is an beautiful angel.

I'm sat on the hospital chair watching as harper sleeps on the hospital bed with angel next to her in the cot thing that hospitals have. I sighed in content. I honestly am the luckiest man alive.

I heard harper groan making my eyes snap from angel to her. She slowly opened her eyes as I came closer to her. She smiled softly at me.

"Hey baby. How you feeling" I asked softly.

"Hey I'm feeling okay. Tired though " she said softly.

I smiled warmly at her.

"Get some more rest baby" I said softly. She nodded and closed her eyes. However kept moving around. After a while she groaned loudly opening her eyes again.

"Can you sleep with me. I can't sleep" she asked shyly.

I chuckled but took my top off keeping my pants on in case someone came in. Slowly I climbed next to her and brought her on my chest so we could fit on the small hospital bed. I sighed and took in her scent as she did with me. Slowly we fell asleep.

I woke up to someone walking in the room. I jumped up and snarled at the person. I relaxed once I seen it was damien.

"Sorry I thought you was an intruder." I said sheepishly.

He chuckled softly and smiled.

"Everyone is here to meet my baby sister. " he said trying to peep his head near his mom to see his baby sister who was on the opposite side. I chuckled at his behaviour.

"Harper is asleep at the moment when she wakes up then-" I was cut of by harper.

"I'm awake. Bring them to see her" she said softly.
I jumped not expecting her to be awake. She giggled at me making me chuckle as well.i kissed her forehead making her smile up at me.

"Okay. I will go get them" damien said walking out.

Not long after everyone walks in quietly to not wake our baby girl up. I smiled at them all. Because it's been a few hours I am fine with them seeing her. If it was straight away I most likely would have tried ripping them to pieces.

"Hey guys" Lucy said softly. I could see the excitement in her eyes.

"Hey and hey sweetie" was heard from myself and harper.

"Can we see her" keaton asked excitedly trying not to jump to and down. I looked at him amused..

"Of course" harper said. She carefully picked angel out of the cot and held her to her chest. I took her put harpers arms and held her tight to my chest. I walked over to damien and he held his arms out for her. After a while they all cooed at her and said how beautiful she is.

All of a sudden she started crying making me shoot up and take her out of Jack's  arms who was the last person to hold her.

"She must be hungry." Harper said softly.

Carefully I put her in harpers arms. She draped a blanket over her shoulder and a little over Angel's head so that angel can feed from her boob without anyone seeing her boob but still be able to breathe.

"Have you thought of a name?" Damien asked softly.

Myself and harper smiled at eachother and nodded.

"Angel" I said softly.

,Lucy practically squealed saying she loves it. Everyone agreed with her.

"What made you think of that name?" Keaton asked curiously.

"Max called her angel when she was first born. That was his first words about her. We have been trying to figure a name out for her since before we found out we were having a girl and anything we said just didn't feel right until he said angel." Harper said with a soft smile.

"That is so cute. It suits her so well" lucy said smiling wide.

"It does " I said softly.

For the next few hours we talked and laughed about anything and everything until it was time for us all to go home. Harper got discharged and everyone decided to go home and let us go home to settle in.

We got everything packed and put angel in her car seat. We sat in the car and off we went home. The drive home was silent. I think we were both to lost in our thoughts of the future to actually talk.

I pulled up outside our house, harper was about to get out when I grabbed her hand. She stopped  trying to get out and turned facing me. I smiled softly and kissed her lips lovingly.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked a little concerned.

"Yes, jurt a little oberwhelmed" she said softly.

I smiled at her and kissed her lips.

"I know baby. I'm so proud of how well you did" I said softly.

She smiled softly at me.

"Thank you. I'm proud of you to. Thank you for everything you did and you are already an amazing father." She said softly.

I smiled up at her softly.

"I love you" I said softly.
"I love you to baby" she said kissing my lips.

We got out the car and harper was about to go get angel out the car. I stopped her and told her to head inside not wanting her to pick anything up that could be heavy with her not long ago giving birth. Not that angel Is heavy but the car seat and angel being in it will be a little heavy. I just dont want anything to strain on her muscles. I want her relaxed.

We headed inside and showed angel the house even if she won't fully understand it. After a while we got angel fed and ready for bed. Once we put her in bed we watched a movie together and spend the rest off the night cuddling in bed before we fell asleep.