chapter 13- favours

Max p.o.v.

I'm upstairs in my bedroom at the pack house. Harper is downstairs with lucy and everyone having a little catchup. I'm so happy she agreed to move in with me and I'm really hoping that we can have our own actual place soon instead of staying at the pack house.

After I put everything away I decided to go back downstairs to hang around with them all. As I got downstairs I heard harper telling them about our marking and showing my mark off to them proudly making me smile.

I walked into the room and kissed harpers head softly. She smiled up at me and pecked my lips. She has such a sparkle in her eyes making me want to keep it there forever.

We all the had a chit chat when when damien asked to speak to me. I could tell it was something important.

We walked into his office and I took a seat as he sat where his chair is.

"So, everything okay" I asked.

He nodded softly.

"I need a favour please" he asked.

I nodded telling him I'm listening.

"There is a lot of finance problems that we are having in this pack. My father has spent a lot of money on stupid things. The favour I am asking off you is for you to see what he owes out so I can get ready to pay it. You know where he kept most of his stuff especially that he wouldn't want to be seen. I want you to go through it all when you find it and see what can be done." He said.

I nodded because I did know most of where he could have kept stuff.

"I know where it will be the only problem is about getting through it. Under your desk, under the floorboards there is a safe. That is where it will all be but I dont know the passcode for it." I said.

He nodded and moved out the way to check were I am on  about. He lifted the floorboard and there it was, the safe.

After a while of us thinking about what it could be it turned out to be harpers birthday making me frustrated but I understood it.

Finally he opened it and to say I was suprised was an understatement. There was a lot off paper work and a lot of money stashed inside.

Damien growled out of frustration.

"Check what these paper works are" he said. I knew he was in alpha mode do I nodded. Even though I wanted to spend some time with harper I knew she would want a catch up with all them anyways.

After a few hours of me going through all the paper work I finally finished. Most of them are loans he loaned of other alphas. Adding It all up together it was less then I thought. All together he owns put 10,000 pounds. With how much paper work there was I expected more.

Damien just walked back in after saying he was going for coffee. He passed me my coffee.

"I have done it" I said.

He spun around fast not expecting me to have finished yet.

"Hoe bad." He asked.

"10,000. I expected more to be honest so it's not as bad as I thought." I said.

He nodded softly in thought.

"How much money is there that was in the safe." Damien asked.

"25,000" I said.

He was suprised but nodded.

"I will use 10,000 pounds of that to pay them there debt and then the rest needs to be spent on our pack. We need new and better things." Damien said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Thanks max. I appreciate it. I would have got jack to help me but you knew my dad better as you was his beta." He said.

"I'm glad you asked me. If there is anything else I can help with let me know" I said.

He nodded his head.
"Thanks". He said.

"No problem. Now if you don't mind I am going to find my mate" I chuckled.

He chuckled as well and gave me a hug.

"I'm glad your the one she is mates with. I know you will treat her right you was always like a father figure to us when my father stopped being one." Damien said softly before walking away before I could even answer.

My heart softened and so did my eyes. Tears came to my eyes but I blinked them away. Those words mean more to me then anyone could ever imagine.

I walked out the office, damiens words still ringing In my head bringing a smile to my face. I stopped when I seen harper looking at me with a smile full off love.

"What you smiling about baby" she asked packing my lips.

"A lot off things baby. Are you okay? Are you tired?" I asked softly.

"I'm fine. I'm a little tired but I'm fine baby" she said smiling up at me.

I smiled softly at her.
"Let me know when you want to go to bed baby" I said softly.

She nodded kissing my lips and then went and talked to lucy again. I smiled looking at her and shook my head knowing she is fighting her tiredness to spend more time with them.

I talked with damien, jack and Keaton for a little while mainly Jack and damien as keaton was more talking to harper and Lucy. I was just listening to damien talk about how his little boy jacye is doing when I over heard lucy as harper something.

"So mom are we going to have any more siblings" lucy asked making me choke on my drink.

Harper ran to me worriedly and patted me on the back.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

I nodded my head softly smiling at her trying to not cough more. Hesitantly she walked back up to lucy and keaton and the subject got changed.

Apart of me felt relieved but the other part was dissapointed as I wanted to know if she wanted more. I am 38 where as harper is 37. We are still young enough to have more children I'm just not sure she wants more. I haven't had my first biological baby but I do look at lucy and damien like my own.

After a while we all headed to bed and after a few times of us exploring eachother body we fell asleep in eachother arms.