1. "come on man"

I step out of the bus my belongings in hand. I turn my head to see a boy no older than 16 getting jumped. it's exactly like my brother told me it would be like. I drop my bag and run to the boy. "Come on man" I dive pushing the guy with the blade off of him. There were still 3 more guys the boy got up and we ran. A door opened and I see 6 guys run out.

They chase the boys out of where we were and started to fight. I helped the boy up. "you'll be alright kid" I say trying to look at his chin. He rolls his eyes that have tears already forming "I'm not a kid" he spit out but still letting me check out his neck that had a large cut on the bottom of his chin. One of the boys run to us. "Did they pull a blade on you?" He asks nicely. "yeah" The kid lets out a sob but let a tear fall.

Another of the guys comes up to me and the two other boys. "What you doing walking all by your self pony?" He asked angrily. "I was just walking home from the movies!" 'pony' yells. "You should had at least had a blade!" The older one says. "Yeah and that would had gave the soc's a excuse to cut him up more there." "if I wanted my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother I would had asked- kid brother!" he throws the stick he had and walks away kicking up some dirt.

"How come he has to be like that?" "He just has more on his plate since mom and dad died" I stand just there awkwardly kicking the dirt. "Thanks for saving my kid brother, my names Sodapop but you can call my soda, and this is Ponyboy" he says finally telling me their odd names. "The other cranky one is our brother Darry."

A boy with a bloody nose walks up to us. "What were you doing walking by lonesome?" he seemed really angry. "None of your business" Ponyboy spat. "It is my business look at my nose." He made a gesture to his nose. "It's huge" Ponyboy whispered.

"Smartass" Steve looked at sodapop. "He's a Smart ass kid." "Just pinch it man." I said while shaking my head. he takes my advice I tell him and walks off.

"how's the kid?" A deep voice asks. "I'm fine when did you get out of the cooler dal?" I look up when I hear my brother's name. "Texas?" "Thats my name dont-" He looks up to the nickname Texas and sees me. "Saige what are you doing here? shouldn't you be in the city?" he asks me surprised.

"The old man ran me off told me to, and I quote 'go with your lowlife brother maybe he can take care of you' I agreed with him and ran off"

"Whatever man he can go to hell" Dallas says. "Well, you'll have to stay with me it isn't a big place, but we can make it work kid" he says blowing out the smoke from his cancer stick.

"Let me get a drag dal" ponyboy says, Dallas hands him the cancer stick and lets him take a drag before taking it back. "Alright well I guess I'll show you the gang, you know the Curtis's and Steve, the one with the mickey mouse shirt that's two-bit, the other one right there that's johnny."

he points to Johnny. I'm met with a boy around my age. With a scar on his cheek. He had medium length greasy hair.  We make eye contact for about ten seconds before being interrupted by two-bit.

He yells something about getting a push start after making plans with us to go to the drive in. Johnny and Ponyboy give him a push start. He drives of screaming nonsense. When I turn around Steve does a backflip of the hood of a car landing headfirst. It was a lot the get in a minute. everyone goes their own way, and we walk to the front of the house.

Me and Dallas walk outside the gate, but he starts to look angry. "You ok Texas?" I ask. "Broad two-timed me when I was in jail again man, it's cool we'll see yall later" he turns around and I follow him.

After a 10–15-minute walk we make it to a bar and we are meeted but a guy with short dark hair. "who's this Dallas?" he ask. "This is my kid sister Saige she going to stay with me for a while." The man doesn't respond and just walks away.

"Come on kid" he nods his head toward the stairs, and we walk up them. He opens a door which leads to room. it was small but nice and even had its own bathroom and window. He had some posters on the walls along with a yellow road sign he must had stolen. "There's nothing really to do so get comfy I guess" he says. he walks to a drawer and opens it. "This is going to be yours." I give him a nod and sit on the bed.

"So, tell he how it was like in the city after I left" he tells me. "It's been a while since then dallas. But the old man started to get into his stuff even more. Drinking, gambling any money he would find, and one day I had enough so I told him, and we got into a fight which got physical he was drunk so I had advantage. After all that he yelled at me to leave, and I did" Once I was done I pulled up my sleeve. "you better not get mad Texas!" I pulled up a sleeve to revel my tattoo.

"Come on kid really?" he says grabbing my arm and looking at it. "It's really simple but why a cross?" "I don't really know I've always liked them." I shrug. "Yeah, let me tell you if you and Darry even get a little bit close after a while and he sees that Hes gonna let you have it" Dallas warns. "Well, I guess he'll just never know." I roll my sleeve back down. "It's getting late kid we should head to bed" I look at the clock to see it's already 11:00. time sure went fast.

we both get ready and head to bed.

-----

kind of bad but whatever I'll try to write a longer chapter later I promise johnny stuff will happen after the first 2-3 chapters.