Chapter 7-Dragon Mating

Evening approaches rapidly at Highland Den. Boldever Mountain stands majestically as the sun dips behind it. Dragonkind awaits in eager anticipation as the queen dragon emerges from her keep with a burning desire swirling in her eyes. With a screech, she launches from the hangar and into the early evening sky.

     Twilight passes.  The sky darkens.  The spherical moon hangs luminous in the night.  A strange shape passes in the crisp air.  Serpentine features intertwine, tangling and untangling, only to reform again.  The object is falling rapidly in the evening's light.  Sharp points threaten from below.  Immense bat-like appendages spring forth.  The single form splits.  The perilous descent transforms into an acrobatic upward sling as one mirrors the other in flight.  A shrill cry echoes off the mountain wall.

     Bjorgon's body is screaming to great heights.  His glowing eyes search across the moon swept horizon.  The other dragon's pearl hide glimmers in the void between them.  Her back arcs as she reaches the apex of her parabular path.  She is inverted and her indigo eyes taunt her mate as she seems to become suspended in the air, briefly motionless.  The maroon dragon reaches Skyhalla.  Their strange shrieks are alien and incomparable to anything else.  Wings fold.  Long necks and tails wrestle one another.  The ritual begins again.

     These are the visions filling Valkyr's and Lyra's eyes as they embrace.  Their sensations are shared with the dragons that are their life partners.  Lyra draws her nails deep across Valkyr's sweaty back.  Bjorgon snaps at Skyhalla's neck.  Valkyr frames Lyra's face with his masculine hands.  Skyhalla's tail grips tightly to Bjorgon's as they hurtle towards the earth.  The humans shudder in their bed as they see the jagged ground quickly approaching.  The dragons depart from one another just in time.  It is done.  The warm fire gently sizzles in the hearth of the bedchamber.