Chapter 6 - Kiara & Blade -

-3 days before Ezra met Raelyn in the club-

Blade's POV:

The club's neon lights bathed the dimly lit room in electric blue and crimson hues. The pulsating music reverberated through my chest as I sat at the bar, waiting for her. My attention was captured by a familiar face, she was with someone else, presumably her friend as their joyful laughter. They seemed out of place in this underground venue. Both of them were extraordinarily gorgeous, one a brunette and the other a blonde. No, I'm not attracted to them, but they do look familiar.

"BLADE CYRUS MENDEZ," a voice exclaimed, catching me off guard. I searched for the source and found Kiara. "Hello to you too my love," I replied to my girl. Yes, my girl.

Kiara Anna Black blessed with  long silk-red hair and perfectly placed freckles that contrasted beautifully with her sun-kissed skin. My favorite feature of hers was her eyes, a shade of golden brown that seemed to capture the warmth of the sun itself.

Her father, Xavier Black, was a close friend of Uncle Ryder's and used to be my parents' partner. However, after their death..murder, he merged his business with the Xander Mafia, which made his business grow and strengthened his friendship with Uncle Ryder.

And then there was his princess daughter from his second wife, who, to the world, didn't exist. The reason? Even she herself didn't know why she was Kiara Knight and not who she was: a Black, maybe because her father cheated on his first wife and she was what people called a "bastard" in their world is buisness heirs but Kiara was undoubtedly a daddy's girl, beneath that exterior, she had a heart of gold. She embodied the ideal girlfriend- sweet, caring, gentle, and extraordinarily beautiful. But her temper issues were something 'we didn't talk about.'

We'd been together for almost six months, and I want to do something grand for our six-month dating milestone or whatever that is called but I didn't even know where her grand limits were, considering her father is a billionaire.

'hellooo" "Are you daydreaming or what?" she teased as she took a seat next to me. "You look nice," she added, planting a kiss on my cheek and nuzzling into my neck. "And you even smell nice," she mumbled, a faint blush coloring her cheeks, making me chuckle.

"You still can't believe I'm yours, can you?" I traced my fingers along her arm. "I don't think I ever will. Plus, keeping us a secret is not helping," she sat back, giving me a pointed look. I knew she wanted to tell her dad, especially her big brother, about us, but we weren't there yet, or perhaps I wasn't ready to face him.

However, I also knew that if they found out in some other way, I would be hanging from their personal Burj Khalifa.

"One day, we won't need to hide, but you know how your dad can be intimidating, especially with those eyes of his."

"Hey! We have the same eyes. He's my dad!" she playfully swatted my arm, making us both laugh. "You're cute," I murmured, cupping her face and planting a tender kiss on her forehead. "And your eyes are the most beautiful part of you," I added, making her smile with that same blush.

Her gaze shifted behind me, and her eyes widened as she covered her face with her hands.

"Shit, it's Mercy."

(This is from 2022 idk if it will be a story now)

A/N: The blacks are a big part of the history with Xanders and Reyes which will make a lot more sense in the story "Traitors"

Instagram link in profile,

Updating probably not soon😭🙏🏼