Chapter 2

-

-Hidden connections-
-Uncovering Lela Reyes-

A day earlier...

-The Xanders Residence-

Ezra's pov:

"Here your coffee geek kid" I placed the cup on the table and sat on the couch as he took a sip of it "Do you want me to find out more about her or not?" He replied to me his face still stuck to the laptop "Yeah yeah, if she really is his daughter then he should know" I said as he added "Why don't you just tell him about your theory and get a team on it do you not know how hard it is to find data on a person who's existence has been wiped off or never existed in the world"

He practically whined "we have to be confirm, Imagine how it would feel like knowing you have a child from the woman who killed your mother , it would bring back trauma he probably doesn't want to remember" I explained with a serious tone,
He casted a weary gaze in my direction, his search for answers still ongoing.

After a few minutes, he turned to face me and spoke, his voice tinged with a mix of exhaustion and determination.

"Listen" he started "I've compiled a file with all the information I managed to gather. Her name could be either Lela or Ela, but most likely it's Lela.

She's like a ghost online, no social media presence,no public events to extract her pictures from whatsoever. The only footage we have is a grainy CCTV recording from the location where we obtained her DNA.

we both know she's an assassin for hire who goes by the name Sapphire. She always leaves her signature blue rose at the scene of her kills. Interestingly enough, her eye color matches with Uncle Ryders eyes, that rare shade of blue. Her Eyes colour is the only thing people have seen of hers. Hers and uncle Ryders DNA was a match. I couldn't find any traces of her mother's DNA, if Uncle Ryder didn't mess around with some other assassin or someone, it's probably Avelyn Reyes because you know the history. She's gotta be somewhere around 18 or 19 years old. When it comes to her assassinations, she's considered one of the best.

She's undertaken numerous high-profile assignments and has ties to the Blacks as well as she's done some gigs with Mercy Black repeatedly." He wrapped up his explanation, taking the last sip of his coffee.

"damn, that's some information on someone who doesn't exist, I'll go tell ryder about his spectral daughters existence" I replied to him almost appraising his work, it's not alot but it'll still proves she exists.

He sent the file he made to Uncle Ryder and I went to his office, He was on a call so I stood near the door out of respect ofcourse.., once he noticed me standing he indicated me to come and sit after a minute or two he put down the call "yes Rhys?" He asked,

I wasn't sure how should I tell him he has a daughter who's the heir of his enemy mafia and now that he called me what only he calls me which means he's in a good mood, my parents used to call me Rhys too they said it was my " middle name " which I found very weird always. 

"um," I started, "so we have a bit of information about the reyes mafia and it's,..heir" I paused as I could see his calm face turning into a annoyed one I knew he would get annoyed over listening the name reyes

"Blade sent you a file check it out" I completed as he shook his head opening the file, he read thru it very sombrely I guess it was a bit awkward for me telling my father figure about his daughter but he should know,
as he finished reading the lasts bit he asked "My daughter?How did you lot got her dna" He asked as if he didn't really believe it could be true,

"Remember the recent weapon shipment we had that got stolen? In the people the assassin Sapphire was also hired for it, She left her blue rose as a signature which somehow had a strand of her hair entangled,..Blade searched alot and he could only find out her name, which is lela or ela, her eye color which is the same as yours which I think also is why her signature is a blue rose,
Avelyn reyes signature is a blue gemmed knife and your dnas are a complete match,

it can only mean she is the heir of the reyes and originally should be yours too" I freely added , I knew this all was not what he wanted to hear but he should know about it. He was soon going to make me the leader and I'm too intoxicated with my own shit,

Ryder looked at me, He understood the point she was his daughter, He just didn't want to believe it.

"You are my only heir Ezra, I have No daughter I raised." He started with a cold tone, "But get to know more about her, find out her appearance, I would love to meet this daughter of mine" he said almost sounding sarcastic.
"I'll tell Jax to send a men" "Ezra" he kept a hand on my hand "don't make this your personal vengeance" he completed, I knew what he meant. And he knew why I was interested in this. I have better reasons for hating the Reyes than just because they are our rivals.."I won't" I replied as he gave a pat on my back and I left the room,

Ryders Pov:

I had kept my distance from her life, allowing her to live as freely as she desired. she betrayed my trust and manipulated my love for her, taking advantage of my vulnerability.

The pain of her actions was a constant burden, and every mention of her name triggered a flood of memories I despised. I hate remembering how perfectly she'd fit in my arms, her scent like blooming flowers in the mornings, that captivating smile that could light up the darkest of days, and the way her touch sent shivers down my spine. The sweetness in her voice echoed in my ears, and I couldn't shake the memory of the taste of her lips. As much as I resented it, I couldn't forget the way her body responded to my touch, a bitter reminder of the passion we once shared.

I had grown to hate her for the power she held over my heart. I resented remembering. I grew to hate her.

The last time I saw her, my life hung by a thread as she pointed a gun at me. I couldn't have imagined that she was carrying my child. Even If Lela stood before me now, I wouldn't know what to say. Did she even know who her father was? The unanswered questions tormented my mind, leaving me in a constant state of turmoil.

if I were to uncover her true identity and establish a connection with her, deep down, I knew she would never choose me over her mother. Ezra might not be my own blood but he is my only heir.

-

.
.
.

(Let me know yalls thoughts or if there's anything I could add, in my dms<3)

Follow me on instagram for updates nd more~ @exoticrera