Lela

Authors note: ( This chapter is based on Lela and her life, a day in her life which will continue in chapter 3, this chapter is to understand the character better‼️)

(Part 1)

The man I was curving my knife in was begging for mercy and I couldn't care as much as giving him a second to breathe. He was going to die anyways.

My mother was watching my every move from behind I could feel her judging me, I looked back as the man passed out and she gave me a quick nod and headed back in the car. I always felt the need to please her, and I owe it to her, in so many difficulties she's raised me, Not exactly like a good motherly type but she's raised me strong.

Even when she had to send me away for schooling in London she made sure I was trained, The Black's had a reputation and I had to follow it. As the world couldn't know me as Lela Reyes the heir to the Reyes mafia, For my "protection"

I was taken into the black family as Raelyn Black. They were a sort of mafia of their own but more like an enterprise or business empire.
My whole life has been about pleasing my mother's expectations which got in my head sometimes, We weren't close but We connected emotionally...I guess...

I saw Zack and Axel always happy, attached, in love. together, I've never been in love, hell I've never even had a boyfriend not even a crush, Mercy made sure I didn't have any of those in my teenage years and now I don't want to be in love with someone, it feels like a time waste to me now, Besides Zack and axel I haven't seen any happy couples and I think they are healthy because they've lived together practically their whole lives, sometimes thinking about Love made me wish I had a loving childhood, with an overprotective father and a loving mother but for me, It's been training to kill.

I learned to use a knife when I was 4, when other kids were watching cartoons I was learning to defend myself... I've been trained to be the best in best, Before going to London I made quite a name here as an assassin that even in London I got good jobs, continuing my mother's legacy even though she doesn't know of it as I'm the only future for the Reyes mafia she's always been overprotective of my breathing.
She needed me to be alive. That's all. I love my mother but sometimes I wish it was different.

I'm just waiting for the day she finds out I'm the sapphire, that would be hell raining on me. Devil save me.

(Part 2)

4:15 Am
Good morning Lela, rise and shine. Even though I've only slept for an hour or two, I wouldn't call it insomnia but it was definitely insomnia. Every day I got up around 4 am no matter what time I slept at.

The thing was I never felt sleepy so I didn't mind waking up before everyone else did, I got out of bed and wore some comfortable gym clothes, my hair were all knots which took me a minute to go through...after putting my hair in a pony I splashed my face with water, dried it and put on a coat of Vaseline on my lips and went straight for a run in our villas perimeter If I don't start thinking I won't overthink. Yes. Good.