Movie Night

No matter how many times Bucky woke up in his mama's arms, it never failed to give him a warm feeling all over his body. A little smile graced his face behind his pacifier and he nuzzled his face into his mama's chest, relishing the way she patted his back and held him a little tighter. "Did you have a nice nap, baby?" She cooed, "You were so sleepy, I bet you feel so much better now."

Bucky nodded his head, this was one routine he'd never get bored with. There was comfort in the familiar question and gentle, quiet tone of voice that she used almost exclusively when he was waking up. He shifted and a little whine came out when he felt his wet pull-up underneath him, thankfully he didn't need to talk for Mama to understand what was wrong. "Let's get you changed," she said, carrying him to the bedroom, "that wet pull-up must feel so yucky."

As she got him changed Bucky babbled incoherently to himself. The only real word he was saying was 'Mama', and Y/n smiled at him when he did. He was little enough that he'd essentially gone nonverbal, but she didn't mind a bit. She could understand his needs well enough that he didn't have to talk if he didn't want to, his mama would handle everything.

Once he was all cleaned up and comfy again his mama picked him up, holding him close as she told him what they were doing for the rest of the night. According to her they were going to eat dinner with Sam and Steve and then all four of them were going to watch The Princess Bride. She told him that Steve and Sam were going to be so happy to see him, and even though Bucky wasn't entirely sure about that he trusted that Mama would never lie to him.

As they headed into the common area Steve was ecstatic. He rushed over, excitedly reaching for Bucky. "Gimme that baby," he said, eyes lit up with anticipation.

Y/n laughed at her brother's excitement. "Can he hold you for a while while I get your playmat all set up?" She asked Bucky, who nodded his head. Steve was fun, and Mama wouldn't go too far. He reached out for Steve's outstretched arms, cooing happily when Steve held him tight.

"He's pretty much nonverbal right now, so if he needs something he'll probably either start whining or crying." Y/n informed her brother, "I'm pretty good at knowing what he's asking for though, so just come get me if he gets fussy." Steve nodded his understanding, beginning to sway back and forth while Bucky rested his head on his shoulder.

"Oh my god, little Bucky's here!" Sam said, coming over to get a closer look at the baby happily resting in Steve's arms. "He's so cute!"

"I know," Steve smiled, "Look at his little Elmo jammies!"

"Are you all cozy?" Sam cooed, "All ready for the movie later?"

Bucky proudly nodded his head, enjoying all of the positive attention. Y/n went to go grab his playmat and a few toys, satisfied that Steve and Sam could be trusted with her baby for a few minutes. As she set up his playmat in front of the couch in the common room, she could hear her brother and his partner talking to Bucky in the kitchen. They were talking about dinner as far as she could tell. Steve said something about pizza delivery and she heard a happy squeal that definitely belonged to Bucky.

She walked into the kitchen and Bucky immediately reached for her, much to her amusement. Y/n didn't hesitate to pull him out of Steve's arms and into her own. Bucky happily babbled into his mama's shoulder and Sam told her all about how Steve was going to place an order for pizza delivery. While Steve was on the phone with the pizza place, Y/n took Bucky out to the living room and laid him down on his playmat, handing him a rattle. He laid there, completely mesmerized by the blue star that made such nice sounds when he shook it, while Sam and his Mama talked on the couch right above him.

After a little bit Steve came into the room, letting everyone know that the pizza would be there in about 45 minutes. Bucky rolled over onto his stomach and Steve got down on the floor onto his own stomach facing him, determined to bond with the baby. Bucky looked at him in surprise, still shocked that anyone but Mama would even bother to interact with him. Especially while he was this little, he wasn't even talking! But Steve could do the talking instead, a point proven as he started telling Bucky about the pizza he ordered.