Chapter 22: Camp

Cheong-san's Pov

"Y/n! Nam-ra!" We called out, the fog was so thick we could hardly see. After a few minutes of searching we finally found them only to see Y/n getting bit by Nam-ra. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she bit her lip trying not to scream. Immediately we rushed over to the two. Su-hyeok and I pulled Nam-ra off Y/n while Gyeong-su and On-jo check to see if she was alright.

Nam-ra finally came to her senses and started apologizing over and over." It's okay. I told Nam-ra to bite me." Y/n said. "What? Why would you do that? " On-jo asked checking the bite mark on her hand." It's okay. It'll heal. Don't feel bad, Nam-ra" Y/n sweetly smiled at her. That made Nam-ra broke down into more tears. She shoved Su-hyeok and I out of the way and walked away crying to herself.

Su-hyeok and On-jo went after her calling her to come back but she was already gone. Gyeong-su flicked Y/n's forehead. "Oww, what was that for?" She rubbed her forehead." Can you please think of yourself for once?" Tears pricked at the conner of Gyeong-su's eyes as he rub his thumb over the bite mark." I'm sorry."

Su-hyeok and On-jo finally came back saying they couldn't find her and she wasn't responding to them." The others are probably wondering where we are. We can't stay here any longer." I said.

While the others went on ahead Su-hyeok stayed back still looking where Nam-ra went. "C'mon Man, you've got to stay strong." I pat his shoulders as he wiped his tears and nodded in agreement." Good, because if you weren't I would knock some sense into you." I said jokingly as he gave me a little shove laughing a little.

Y/n'sPov

On the train tracks to Yangdong we were met with soldiers. "Survivors confirmed." One if them said and came up towards us. We were saved... We were finally saved. So we should have been happy right? Well we were far from that instead it felt like guilt, sadness, hopeless.

The soldiers suddenly pointed their guns at Mr.Nam. One of them came up to him and spoke." Mr. Nam, do you know you're in big trouble right now?"

"I did what was necessary to save my daughter."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"So what happened to the the lady? Ms. Kim?"

Mr. Nam turn to me then back at the soldier." I don't think it's the best time to talk about that."

When we made it to camp we were interviewed about our science teacher even though most of us didn't have anything to say. The soldiers did find about some of us being half-bies but in exchange for letting us stay in the camp we were quarantine at first but then they decided to let us out just that we had to have soldiers around us all the time. Everything was good so far except something was missing... Nam-ra. The only thing I have of her is the name tag she gave me. I'm sure Su-hyeok feels the same way too.

Korea will never be the same again...

4 months later

It was an ordinary day like ever people still praying over their dead love ones. It sucks... even though I don't know them in person it's still sad. Gyeong-su and I haven't been seeing each other lately because of the busy days and curfews on this island. Then again we do see each other time to time.

The bite mark Nam-ra gave me has healed up so did the wound I got from the explosion. Mi-jin came up to me complaining again about how she can't go to college. I roll my eyes at her as I shake my head.

Just then Su-hyeok came up to me and I greeted him." Hello Su-hyeok, how have you been?"

"I've been great." He smiled then his attention went to my hand. "How's your hand?" I look down at my hand then back to him." It's healed don't worry."