Chapter 17: Loud

On-jo's Pov

They... They abandoned us. So no one is going to save us? We're just going to die here?" Na-yeon started to tear up. "But they must have done it for a reason." Joon-yeong said. "Maybe it's because they thought we were zombies."

"They would have shot us by then."

Cheong-san went over to the fire and kicked it then stepping on it. Miss Park run up to him. "Hey, stop that." She hold on to him. "But it's all pointless, Miss Park. Nobody is coming to save us. So why should we waste our time trying to survive." He went to the SOS sign and mess it up then he let out a scream.

A thunder rolled making Eun-ji, Nam-ra and Gyeong-su cover their ears. I went up to Joon-yeong. "Hey, Joon-yeong. I saw you with airpods yesterday morning. Do you still have those?" He nodded his head and gave them to me.

"Hey, Gyeong-su." He turn to me still covering his ears. I gave him the airpods. "Thank you, On-j-" Another thunder rolled." Hurry, put it in your ears." He did what I said. Woo-jin was trying to help Eun-ji as Su-hyeok was with Nam-ra.

I felt a drop of water on my face. "It's raining." Dae-su said. Another thunder rolled waking Y/n.

She covered her ears whimpering as Gyeong-su tried to comfort her. My vision became blurry as I thought about all the things we went through." Man, this sucks." Ji-min said crying. Miss Park was looking down trying not to cry herself.

Y/n's Pov

"Shh, it's okay, princess." Gyeong-su said rubbing my back as he hugged me.

Why is everything suddenly so loud?

Su-hyeok came over to us and tear piece of his shirt. "Here. For your ears." I took it and put them in my ears.

Cheong-san was trying to come up with a plan since we can't stay here any longer." If we manage to reach the mountain, we can make it to Yangdong. I've been hiking there a few times with my dad." On-jo stated. Woo-jin sighed. "Even still, isn't this suicide?"

"I'm not going. I'm scared. What are we gonna do if the zombies catch us?" Hyo-ryung asked.

"It's not like anyone is going to save us if we stay here. We're the only ones who can save ourselves. So, let's go. If anything goes wrong, I'll scream and lead the zombies away."Cheong-san said." Hey, Don't say that. You're not going to die, I won't let it happen. If anyone should sacrifice their self it's me."Miss Park said determined.

"Because of the rain, I can barely smell anything... everything is mixed up... and the rain... it's too loud." I said in a soft voice as Gyeong-su was rubbing my back trying to make me feel better. "It's the same for me. Maybe the zombies' senses are dulled." Nam-ra said.

"If that's what a half-bie says, it should be reliable. So are you ready?" Dae-su asked as Cheong-san nodded. "Y/n doesn't seem to be feeling well so Nam-ra, Eun-ji and Gyeong-su can keep up."

"We can't have anyone fall behind, let's pair up and hold hands." Cheong-san suggested.

"Okay." Dae-su was trying to go for Hyo-ryung but she went for Ji-min. Na-yeon pair up with Eun-ji. Woo-jin pair up with Joon-yeong. Su-hyeok pair up with Nam-ra. Cheong-san pair up with On-jo. Gyeong-su quickly wrapped his hands around me before Dae-su could ask me. So Miss Park paired with him.

We went to exit the roof silently. "Take your time, don't let go of my hand." Gyeong-su whispered to me as we went downstairs.

As we make our way further down Cheong-san stopped." What is it?" Cheong-san pointed to a group of zombies below. As the thunder rolled the zombies were confused not knowing where to go. Then they went away giving us time to move.

Woo-jin nearly slipped but Joon-yeong caught him before he could fall.

Oh my gosh. My ears are dying.

  🌸🌸🌸

We made it outside silently. We had to stay low so that the zombies didn't see us. Dae-su was lifting up his head to look but Miss Park pushed his head back down.

Cheong-san and On-jo went along the side of the school with us following along. As we made it behind the school I heard someone footsteps running near to us along with zombies growling. I look up so did Cheong-san only to see his... Mom. His mother is a zombie. 

"Mom..." Cheong-san tried to go over to her but On-jo pull him back. "What the hell? There's a zombie here." Dae-su took a crowbar and started hitting the zombie who was once his mom. "Stop it!" Cheong-san run over to them pushing Joon-yeong out the way and punching Dae-su over and over." Cheong-san!" Miss Park took him off Dae-su.

"Mom!" Cheong-san cried out as everyone looked at his mother then at him. Cheong-san fell on his knees crying. I could hear more zombies coming near by. "Gyeong-su, we need to go now." I whispered and he nodded. "We need to go!"

We made a run for it with me and Gyeong-su at the front." Where are the others?" Na-yeon asked. "What? Where are they?"

I whimpered and covered my ears at the thunder. "Shhh, it's okay." Gyeong-su said as we saw Cheong-san and others following behind. "Come on we have to go." Miss Park said.

Hyo-ryung fell due to her sprained ankle so Ji-min and I went to help. A zombie run towards us but an arrow went through it's head killing it instantly. "Ha-ri? Woo-jin's sister?"

Ha-ri came and shot a another arrow at a zombie. "Sister?" Woo-jin asked.

Other people came with her."Y/n..." Gyeong-su hold my hand." Woo-jin."

"Come on we need to get out of here." Gyeong-su and I run through the rain back to the others.

We followed them into the school's gym but Nam-ra stopped making us stop. "Zombies..." Gyeong-su mumbled. There was a flash of lightning making us see the zombies in the gym.

"Oh shit."
"Run!"

We run into the storage room of the gym. "Let go of me! No! Joon- seong! Joon- seong!" A girl was screaming as Ha-ri and Woo-jin pull her in with us and lock the door.

And now I'm soaked all the way down to my underwear.

"Hey, Cheong-san. I'm sorry I didn't know she was your mom." Cheong-san fell on the floor crying in silence as On-jo gave him a hug.