Chapter 55 - Making Plans

Nie Huaisang arrived Cloud recesses a day before the wedding. Lan Zhan asked for his help and he can't say no to his friend. Also, he wanted his friend to have a happy ending with the man who will get married tomorrow. Lan Xichen welcomed Nie Huaisang with a smile on his face but it didn't reach the eyes and it seems that it was also a forced smile.

"Er ge, it's been a while." Lan Xichen nodded.

"Yes, it is. I am happy that you're able to come," Lan Xichen said and looked behind Nie Huaisang. Other than the Nie Sect Disciples, no on is arriving.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Nie Huaisang asked and looked back acting as if he didn't know. But inwardly he's snickering because of what he will do later. Lan Xichen looked at Nie Huaisang and shook his head.

"It's nothing. I am... uhh... waiting for Wangji." Nie Huaisang looked at Lan Xichen. He opened his fan and fanned himself.

"I recieve a letter from Wangji Xiong that he can't come. He needs to take care of Wei Xiong." Lan Xichen looked down before nodding. He's kind of disappointed that his brother won't come. Lan Xichen sighed and looked at Nie Huaisang with smile again.

"Here, let me lead you to your room." Nie Huaisang nodded and they went away. Jie Huaisang eyes his other disciple and the latter nodded. Their plan need to happen no matter what. When they arrive the place, Nie Huaisang stopped Lan Xichen.

"Er ge, I want to invite you to eat dinner with me. I want to celebrate your marriage on behalf of my brother," Nie Huaisang said with a smile on his face. If he said that, Nie Huaisang was sure that Lan Xichen will eat with him. In tradition, Lan Xichen needed to eat with his in-laws tonight(made up). But since Ln Xichen doesn't feel eating with his In-laws, he nodded and accepted Nie Huaisang's invitation. Nie Huaisang almost jump up in happiness. Their plan will definitely work. If not, Lan Wangji will have his head and Wei Ying will torment his ghost.

A few hours later, dinner time. They decided to eat at Nie Huaisang room. Lan Xichen was surprised when he saw a bottle of Tian Zi Xiao(Emperor's smile). He looked at Nie Huaisang, asking how did he sneak in alcohol in Cloud Recesses. Nie Huaisang waved his hand and ushed him to sat down.

"Er ge, let it slide. I want to celebrate with you. My brother... Might be proud of you that you'll get married now," Nie Huaisang said and poured a tea for him. Lan Xichen drink the tea that Nie Huaisang poured for him before smiling to Nie Huaisang. As usual, it didn't reach his eyes. He is not really happy with his marriage.

"Instead of being proud, for sure he is... disappointed instead." Lan Xichen looked down. Nie Huiasang poured a tea again and Lan Xichen drink his tea again before sighing. "I told him that I will marry someone I love but... here I am... marrying someone else... someone the love of my life asked me to marry."

"Why don't you come to him? Push yourself to him until he listen to your explanation?" Nie Huaisang asked and poured another tea for Lan Xichen. Then he swiftly change the tea with alcohol without Lan Xichen noticed. Lan Xichen drink the tea and sighed.

"I did that once but... he pushed me away. He said that he will marry Lady Wen- No, he might be thinking of marrying her already since he once had feelings for her." Lan Xichen sighed deeply. He felt that ache in his heart again. This time, Nie Huaisang poured alcohol on Lan Xichen's tea cup, praying that Lan Xichen won't notice. Lan Xichen raised his teacup and drink the contents. Then he realize that Nie Huaisang poured him alcohol instead of tee so he looked at Nie Huaisang that gives him a nervous smile.

"Forgive me, Er ge." And because a Lan has low tolerance in alcohol- Very very low tolerance. Just a cup can make them drunk immediately. Lan Xichen's forehead kissed the table and fell asleep. Wei Ying told him that after 10 seconds, they will be awake again but very drunk. So, he counted 10 seconds and true to Wei Ying's word, Lan Xichen woke up very drunk.