Chapter 37 - Lan Xichen is angry

Wei Ying was lying on their bed, and Lan Zhan was already asleep. It's already midnight, and he can't sleep. It's been days since the miscarriage happened, and Wei Ying still hasn't told his husband about it. It still hurts to think about it, and he has a hard time acting in front of Lan Zhan that he was happy and there is nothing wrong. But in reality, he wanted to cry and mourn for their lost baby.

Is it a wrong decision not to tell Lan Zhan about their baby?

Will Lan Zhan mourn with him?

Will Lan Zhan blame him for not taking care of himself?

He didn't know he was pregnant that time, and he didn't realize that what he feels is already a sign of pregnancy. Wen Qing told him what he needed to expect, the dos and don'ts, and what he needed to do if he didn't want to experience it again. It was all new to him, and he is willing to learn not to lose another baby. Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan.

Does the baby look like his Ah die? Or the baby looks like me?

A tear escaped from his eyes. He felt guilty. He was guilty because he didn't tell Lan Zhan about the changes in his body and the baby. Does he deserve to have another child when he'd done many bad things before? Is this a punishment from the heavens for his past mistakes? Wei Ying can't stop himself from letting out a sob. Lan Zhan stirred in his sleep and saw Wei Ying crying. He sat up and lightened up the room, and held Wei Ying in his arms.

"Wei Ying, is there something wrong?" Lan Zhan was worried. Is something hurting him that he didn't know?

"Lan Zhan... I'm s-sorry! I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Wei Ying keeps on saying sorry to Lan Zhan. The latter didn't know why he was saying sorry to him. But he pats his back in a gentle manner and strokes his head.

"It's okay. I told you that there is no need for sorry and thank you between us," Lan Zhan said. Wei Ying cried more and he thought does he really deserve his husband? Lan Zhan let him cry in his arms until Wei Ying fell asleep.

Lan Zhan looked outside the window and thought that something might be bothering his husband. He noticed that these past few days, Wei Ying was avoiding drinking alcohol, wine, or eating spicy food which he loves, and started to eat more vegetables and other healthy foods. He often sees him alone and gloomy, which he found so odd since Wei Ying is like a bundle of energy. He may be smiling and laughing but he noticed that it was forced. Also, he noticed the smell of sweetened milk from Wei Ying was gone, and the scent of sweetened lotus flower came back again.

"Is there something hurting you, my love?" Lan Zhan muttered while he wipe a tear from his face. Maybe asking his son and Lan Jingyi will help him to know what is wrong.

The next day, Lan Xichen went to Liu Qin's quarters with a disciple in tow. They arrive yesterday night and he decided to talk the next day.Liu Qin's heart was beating soo fast thats she didn't know what to say to Lan Xichen. But she went out the room and saw Lan Xichen looking so serious.

"Lady Liu, I am sorry if I interrupt your relaxation but I wanted to ask what is wrong? Why did Jiang Cheng asked us to leave. Did you tell a lie to him?" Liu Qin didn't answer but Lan Xichen waited for her reply. Liu Qin had a habit that if she lies, she will clasped her hands and fidget with it. That's what she did.

"I-I.. I didn't..." She lied again. Lan Xichen's face darkened. He knew that she lied to him. The disciple trembled when he saw the darkened face of Lan Xichen. He didn't expect that Lan Xichen will get angry.

"You lied to me. You told me that you'll tell Jiang Cheng the truth! You assure me that you'll explain everything to Jiang Cheng! What did you tell him that made him to hate me?" Lan Xichen asked. His voice is a little louder so those people around them trembled in fear. The maids kneeled down and begged for their mistress.

"I beg of you, Sect Leader Lan. Our mistress is pregnant! Please lower your voice!" The maids said. Lan Xichen tried to calm himself by reciting the Gusu Lan's rules.

"I've given you a chance, Lady Liu. But It seems that you're far too greedy. You wished to be my wife so badly, but I won't give my last name to you. Never! Even if you beg me, kneel in front of me, even if you threaten me with your life, I won't bat an eye. Even if they kill me, I won't! The only person who I'll marry is Jiang Cheng and nobody else!" Lan Xichen said coldly as ever. Other people came even the Madam Liu and Liu Su came with Lan Qiren in tow.

"What is happening, Xichen? Lady Liu?" Lan Qiren asked but Lan Xichen didn't face his Uncle but continued to glare at Liu Qin. Madam Liu went to her daughter's side and hugged her.

"Sect Leader Lan, what is the meaning of this? Didn't you fear for your son's safety in Liu Qin's womb? Are you this rude?" Lan Xichen smirked and glared at the mother and daughter.

"Son? Why would I acknowldege someone else's son? I didn't even touch one bit of her hair, and the person I only touch was my lover Sect Leader Jiang. Why would I need a woman when I have my own lover to embrace. Am I stupid?" Lan Qiren was so ashamed of what his nephew said. How can he not acknowledge his heir.

"Xichen! That is overboard! How can you do that?" Lan Qiren said. Lan Xichen looked at his uncle with disappointment in his eyes.

"Uncle, you're going to push me into a marriage that I didn't want. Also, want me to acknowledge someone else's child? I won't accept that! I'll even accept Jiang Cheng getting pregnant but with that woman-" Lan Xichen looked at Liu Qin who is shocked then to his uncle again. "I won't be fooled!" With that, he left the place leaving the people dumbfounded. Lan Xichen decided to go back to Yunmeng Jiang and will try to explain to Jiang Cheng.

Little did he know that Jiang Cheng was with Wei Ying and his brother Lan Zhan.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: I really can't imagine Lan Xichen get angry with another person. But I did made him angry with Lan Zhan once... hahahahaha

Pardon my English, grammatical errors and Spellings. See you soon! Mwah mwah!