Chapter 6 - What Lan Qiren Wants

Lan Zhan took Wei Ying out of Cloud Recesses with the juniors to do a Night Hunt. His Uncle wants them to take Liu Sizhi with them but Lan Zhan refused firmly. He told his Uncle that she will be in the way of their night hunt and Wei Ying doesn't like her. She will stress his husband out.

"It's been a while since we came out together," Lan Jingyi said happily. Lan Sizhui nodded and looked at his parents.

"True. Hanguang Jun, Wei Qianbei, where will be our destination?" Lan Sizhui asked. Wei Ying smiled and patted Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui's shoulders.

"We'll go to Dafan Mountains," Wei Ying answered and pulled the two juniors. Lan Zhan smiled because he can see that Wei Ying is soo happy to go outside Cloud Recesses. When they arrived at the foot of Dafan Mountain they saw Lan Xichen with Jiang Cheng, Jin Ling and Ouyang Zizhen. When Ouyang Zizhen saw saw Lan Sizhui he smiled but the Lan looked down and avoided his gaze. Ouyang Zizhen's heart break when Lan Sizhui do that. Jin Ling sighed and patted his back.

"I can hear your heart... it's broken to pieces!" Jin Ling teased him. Ouyang Zizhen glared at Jin Ling.

"Shut up Jin Ling! Let's go!" Ouyang Zizhen pulled Jin Ling away in tow but the latter tried to break free. He wanted to go to Lan Jingyi.

"Let me go, Zizhen! I want to talk to Jingyi!" But Ouyang Zizhen rolled his eyes and didn't let him go and just continued to pull him. Lan Sizhui looked at Ouyang Zizhen back and sighed. Wei Yung noticed it so he pat his son's back while he did a sign to his husband to bring the others away first and wanted a time to talk with Lan Sizhui. Lan Zhan understand and nodded.

"Jingyi, Let's go." Lan Jingyi knows what is happening and followed Lan Zhan. Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng knows what is happening since Jin Ling opened to them the situation so they let Wei Ying to discuss it with Lan Sizhui.

"Sizhui, is there something wrong with you and Zizhen?" Wei Ying asked. Lan Sizhui got silent for a moment before shaking his head and smile at him.

"No, there is nothing wrong Ah niang," Lan Sizhui said. Wei Ying pouted and pinched his son's shoulders.

"Oh! Do you think that you can keep it to me? Did he do something wrong to you? Tell me so that I can punish him! Who dares hurt my son?" Wei Ying said with a smirk. Lan Sizhui looked down and fidget with his fingers. How can he say that it was him who started to ignore Ouyang Zizhen.

"Ah niang, it was me. It's not his fault," Lan Sizhui quickly said and hold Wei Ying's hand. "Its just that..."

"It's jus that what? Tell me so that I know how can I help you," Lan Sizhui looked at him and sighed. He clenched his hands into a fist.

"Ah niang, you're in a situation where... things went into chaos. Master Qiren wanted to partner Zewu Jun and Ah die to another women. I saw how hard it is for you. How hurt you are... it's just that... I got afraid... what if... that also happened to us? To Zizhen and I? No, it will happen to us in the future. Zizhen is the only son of the Ouyang Bailing Sect. He was expected to have an heir to have the child inherit the sect in the future, and I... can't give him a child just like you, isn't it a good choice to break up with him?" Lan Sizhui said and told his mother about the burdens he has. It hurted Wei Ying too since his son was hurt and it's the reality of nature. He gave him a small smile and patted his head.

"Well, love is all about sacrifices for our love ones. You know, Sizhui... Lan Zhan, your father, likes children but he is just awkward around them just like when you were young. You know how flustered he is when you called him Ah die! Hehe! It was very cute!" Wei Ying said and giggled but it died down after a few seconds until he smiled sadly. Because of the pressure of Lan Qiren. He was thinking deeply about their marriage thing and proposed him something.

Wei Ying was doing some works and talismans when Lan Qiren paid him a visit. He was so surprised that the old fuddy buddy visited him. But since Lan Zhan is not present, the old man's visit is for him.

"Wei Ying, I came here because I want to talk to you," Lan Qiren started. Wei Ying crossed his arms and looked at him sharply.

"If you're here to tell me to divoce Lan Zhan, you're just wasting your time," Wei Ying said truthfully. Lan Qiren sighed and shook his head.

"Why are you so stubborn? If you really love Wangji, you would set him free! If not because of you and Wangji's guilt, would he marry you?" Lan Qiren said angrily. He was very much offended! He was clearly telling him that it was because Lan Zhan is guilty and pitying him. That Lan Zhan doesn't really love him. He was offended for the both of them.

"Master Qiren, my love and Lan Zhan's love for me is true. Why don't you just let us be so as Jiang Cheng and Brother-in-law's love? Don't wait for them to curse and hate you!" Lan Qiren smirked and shakes his head.

"Wei Wuxian, I am asking you nicely! Why can't you-" Lan Qiren sighed and nodded. "Alright, alright, then how about this... You and Wangji can stay married together, but let him take Liu Sizhi and let them have a child together so even if I became one with earth at least I know Wangji have a son or daughter that I can proudly tell to his parents when I face them. You can't give him a child anyway so... what can you say?" Wei Ying stiffened and looked down, his has a point but his heart is breaking and doesn't want to share Lan Zhan to another perosn so stood up and point at the door that is widely opened.

"The door is wide open, You may leave!"

"It was really hard to choose the right answer for every question. We're afraid to hurt our love ones with the choice we choose but what if that choice can make them happy?" Wei Ying said with a sad smile on her face. Lan Sizhui looked at him.

"Will Ah die be happy if you choose what Master Qiren wants?" Lan Sizhui asked. Wei Ying laughs sadly.

"If Lan Zhan said yes if I asked him, then I guess-"

"No." Someone said firmly. Wei Ying turned and saw his husband. Jiang Cheng was behind him and looking at him with a firm face. Jiang Cheng had the same thinking as Wei Ying and he told it to Lan Xichen which the latter frowned upon on and get angry with him for thinking that way. They reconcile in the end.

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying with a frown. If Jiang Cheng didn't asked him if Wei Ying told him something, he won't know about it. He walked towards Wei Ying and hold both hold his shoulder.

"Wei Ying, whatever Uncle told you don't even think about it! Okay? We have Ah Yuan!" Lan Zhan said. Wei Ying looked down and sighed before nodding.

"I am sorry, it's just that-"

"Your grandmother called, she told us to come to her sect the day after tomorrow. It's your sister's birthday," Lan Zhan said completely changing the subject. Wei Ying's eyes widened and looked at Lan Zhan.

"I almost forgot," Wei Ying said. Lan Zhan sighed and hugged Wei Ying tight.

"Let's think of a gift for her," Lan Zhan said. Lan Jingyi went to them and nodded his head.

"Yes, let's think about good things! Not the unecessary ones," Lan Jingyi said and scratch the back of his head with a smile. They decided to drop the subject and completely distracted themselves. Ouyang Zizhen finally knows what Lan Sizhui's problem. The latter was thinking of breaking up with him, will he let him go?

No, there's got to be an answer. For sure there is!

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: I got into an accident where I fell from my bed(since I have a bunk bed where my computer set is under my bed) and got hurt on my knee... huhu It's soo hard to come down! The wound swell, I hope it didn't do any damage to my bones.

Welp, see you soon lovelies and Pardon my english, grammatical error and spellings.