Chapter 40 - "I am here for you"

Baoshan Sanren with Wen Qing and Wen Ning went to them. She looked at his grandson who is in the arm of his husband then to the woman who was looking at then with tears in her eyes.

"The child was here," Baoshan Sanren said again and behind her, a transparent child was clutching Baoshan Sanren's clothes and looking at them. The child is between 2-3 Years old. Wei Ying wiped his tears and his eyes widened. The child behind Baoshan Sanren was the one who give him the flower earlier. "This was not his real form but it was the age he's been dead. The child was just a 5 months old when he died inside her."

"My baobao," the woman called. The child smiled and run towards his mother with a bright smile on his face. The woman then smiled when she recognize the child. When the mother and child got connected by the hug, the child turned into a baby in her arms. The woman smiled brightly. Wei Ying looked at the two and the heaviness in his heart lifted. He felt someone hold his hand and looked at his side and he saw his husband looking at him. Wei Ying looked down and fely guilty. He still haven't told him about their own child. The mother and son grew golden and they looked at them with a smile on ther faces, the woman bowed and walked away and turned into a several golden butterfly who flew into the air, to the sky.

Wen Qing and Wen Ning bowed to Wei Ying and Lan Zhan.

"Wei Gongzi, its been a while." Wei Ying nodded and smiled at Wen Ning. Lan Zhan support his wife.

"It is. It's really been a while. I heard from your sister that you've been travelling here and there." Wei Ying said and smiled as if there is nothing happened earlier. He's trying to forget all the sad things happened earlier. Lan Zhan kept quiet and just looked at his wife thinking how he will break out that he knew his secret.

"Grandmother, why are you here?" Wei Ying asked and walked toward his grandmother. Baoshan Sanren looked at him before looking toward Lan Zhan. The latter looked at his wife before looking down. He was thinking if Wei Ying is trying to keep it away from him. That he won't say anything to him about his breakdown earlier.

"Wei Ying, I came here to see you. And it's a great timing that I came since you needed my help. The child's soul or a babies soul often left after a few hours after their death but the child turned into a demon instead because of his unjust death and out for revenge. Earlier, when the child gave you a flower is a sign that he's out for you and you're his target. It's a great thing that I came before he was out for your life. It's a good thing that it wasn't that chaotic if the child didn't turn back to what he was before then the mother will turn into a demon too." Baoshan Sanren said and pat his head. Wei Ying smiled.

"Thanks, grandmother for help." Baoshan Sanren nodded and smirked.

"It seems that Sect Leader Jiang already got his reward. How was he?" Wei Ying's heart beats fast. Her grandmother started it and Lan Zhan might caught up! His husband is smart and he will immediately know what she means... or not! He's hoping that Lan Zhan won't understand.

"He-he-He's okay..." Wei Ying answered nervously. Lan Zhan grit his teeth and anger overpowering his calmness. The fact that Baoshan Sanren is giving his wife a hint but his over righteous wife is acting dumb. Baoshan Sanren and the other's can feel the tension in the air. The grandmaster, Baoshan Sanren sighed and turned to Wei Ying before patting his shoulder.

"Wei Ying, you and Lan Wangji need to talk." Wei Ying looked at Baoshan Sanren before his husband who is looking down and he can't see his husband's facial expression. Then he looked at Lan Jingyi who is looking away and not meeting his gaze. Did Lan Jingyi told him? He looked at his grandmother clearly asking for help but her grandmother turned away and ask the others to follow him except the couple.

"Wei Ying..." Wei Ying flinched. He looked at his husband nervously.

"Lan Zhan... I..." Lan Zhan lifted his face and the look at his face made Wei Ying felt broken. Lan Zhan looked at him full of sadness and unshed tears.

"Wei Ying, do you even love me?" Lan Zhan asked him. Wei Ying was hurt with his question. Doesn't Lan Zhan knew how much he love him? Why is he asking this?

"Of course I love you, Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying went toward his husband and tried to hold Lan Zhan's face but the latter turned his head away.

"But why didn't you tell me?" Lan Zhan said in accusing tone. "Do you not trust me at all? You do not want to confide with me? To tell me what's wrong?"

"No... it's just that..."

"What? Wei Ying, I am transparent to you. I may be a man of few words but I am true to you. Why can't you?" Wei Ying's tears started to flow to his cheeks. He didn't know what to say. Lan Zhan went to Wei Ying and hold his both cheeks. He wiped Wei Ying's tears away using his thumb. Then tears pour out from Lan Zhan's eyes. "I am angry, Wei Ying... I am angry at myself because I am unworthy of your trust."

"Lan Zhan! That is not true! It's my problem! I am afraid you find me disgusting! That my body is different now from other people! I didn't tell you because you might leave me," Wei Ying said with a sob. Lan Zhan hugged him tight.

"Wei Ying, no matter what, even if you become a rabbit or a pheasant I will love you still. Wei Ying, you're my heart, my soul and my life. Without you, I can't live anymore. Why would I be bothered if there is a changes in your body? That won't change my love for you. You and I desire to have a family of our own, then you reached for that impossibility for our happiness. I am grateful for that. My wonderful Wife, Wei Ying." Lan Zhan said and hugged Wei Ying tightly and kisses his forehead. Wei Ying cried to his husband's arms. "Don't afraid to tell me everything. Don't keep it to yourself so that we can mourn, laugh, cry together."

"Lan Zhan... why are you soo good to me?" Wei Ying sobbed. Lan Zhan stroke his hair.

"Because I love Wei Ying. I love Wei Ying soo much." Wei Ying hugged Lan Zhan tighter. He was ready to tell him about their baby.

"Lan Zhan... our baobao... I am sorry... It's my fault!" Wei Ying cried. Lan Zhan hummed and hugged Wei Ying, comforting him.

"I am here, Wei Ying. I am here. You're not alone. We can do this together. Hm? My love, It's not your fault. It was an accident. We're going to mourn together for our little baobao and we will stand up together. I am here." Lan Zhan also blame himself. He knows that Wei Ying didn't feel okay but he let him go which cause their baby to leave them early. The half was his fault and he will not do it again.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: huhuhu At last, Lan Zhan know the truth... But not Lan Xichen and Xiao Xingchen... What will happened to the other couples?

Anyway, pardon my english, grammatical errors and spelling.