Betrayal

" Alicia...what are you doing all the way here?" The unknown man again inquired , taking a step towards me. By now, I still haven't figured out who he was. All I saw was a dark silhouette approaching me, causing me to back down from the stairs. I've been inflicted into enough problems today and I didn't feel the need to be on any more. I slowly made my way down the stairs backwards, only causing the dark silhouette to once approach me again.

" Alicia, it's me...Jacob"

I ran all the way to his house?? His house was five miles away from mine. I had a deep feeling it was a long run, my sore and ached legs proved me right. Prince walked down from his porch steps, only to be drenched with the heavy rainfall. I ran into his arms sobbing. I felt every need to unleash all of my emotions. I've had enough of this night. ~

Prince

I was completely appalled when Alicia showed up at my front steps. I wouldn't expect her to, it was a five mile walk from her house To mine. Alicia's sobbing indicated that something definitely was wrong. She would usually hide her emotions but this was just different, you'd never get this side from Alicia. Alicia ran into my arms crying as I embraced her into a hug. After embracing together in the cold -humid weather, I brought her into my house . She stood solemnly in the living room as I retreated to the front door, locking it before making my way to my girlfriend.

" Let me get you a towel" I offered , ascending up the dark brown, wooden stairs. I wanted to ask Alicia what happened but I reasoned with my self to ask her when she recuperates. It's just a mixed feeling when you see your loved one in a certain way and you don't even know. To top that, you Cant do anything to fix it. She knows she can always talk to me...maybe I'm overreacting

" Jacob?" I heard a faint voice , detaching me from my engrossing cloud of thoughts. I tossed an orange towel on top of my bed before retreating to my mothers room.

" Yes mom?" I questioned, leaning on the door of my mother's room. She was in her bed watching a Spanish soap opera.

" Could you hand me the remote on the counter?" My mother asked calmly, her focus direct on the television . " Oh and while you're at it, you don't mind making tea for me do you?"

I sighed in irritation whilst running my fingers through my Afro. " Can that wait for a while? Something is wrong with Alicia and I need to be by her side right now" I reasoned with her.

" What's wrong?"

" Even I don't know yet. She haven't told me."

" Well Alright, Go take care of her, sweetheart" My mother regarded with me before I closed her door shut. I jogged to my room, only to grab the orange towel that was once on my bed.

"I kept her waiting too long " I thought as I mentally slapped myself. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me downstairs to see Alicia in the same spot and position I'd left her a few minutes ago. Her head was bowed and her arms were folded to her chest. Hearing the footsteps descending from the stairs, she looked at me and flashed a weak smile. She looked completely miserable. Her eyes could tell it all. Pain and hurt flashed through her eyes, which made me give her a empathetic smile.

" Here" I began, handing her the folded orange towel. " Do you want to take a shower, Don't want you go get sick"

Alicia nodded her head in agreement, ascending up the stairs toward the bathroom that was connected to my room. I then searched downstairs , in the guest room which Camilla would sleep In, in search for any types of clothing that belonged to her. I took random clothes I knew Alicia would fit in and brought it to the bathroom Alicia was taking a shower in. I lightly knocked , patiently waiting for her to respond.

" Yes?" She said softly, making my insides flutter. She had that perfect angelic voice that rejuvenated my emotions. I can't believe it's been over six months we dating and over the simplest things she does makes me grin hard still.

" I brought you some clothes . You can wear it after you take a shower If you'd like"

" Place it on the counter top?" Alicia asked sweetly. I turned the doorknob, opening the door. I placed it on the counter and went into my room. As I waited for Alicia, I flipped through television channels, hoping for a decent channel to watch.

~~~

Last night, Alicia told me everything from going into her house and out. I actually couldn't believe Jermaine did that but I saw it coming. On certain days at the studio building , a lady with a brown to blonde ombrè would appear, hugging and kissing all up on Jermaine. At first I was bewildered. The only things that float through my head on those days were Alicia and her mother, not like I know who she was. Jermaine became suspicious and told us not to tell Alicia . I swear I felt guilty as hell while Alicia told me what happened. If I told her in advance, she wouldn't be in the depressing condition she was now. I knew I couldn't tell her I already knew , I did so much to gain her trust but I'm sure it's going to eat me alive every single day that I already knew and she's already devastated . She looked so vulnerable when she told me the story, it took me all the power in my body not to confess to her. The other fifty percent in my body wanted to deliberately go to Alicia's house and beat the living shit out of Jermaine . That's his ONLY daughter and he betrayed her over some lady that he barely knows. To top that off, he never tells Alicia anything about her own mother. She sits her, acting like everything is alright when it's beating her inside. I really felt for her.

" Do you want to head off to a frozen yogurt store before I make it to Interview with the boys ?" I asked, taking a look at my white iPhone . The time read 11:45. I sighed in relief, I didn't have to go the radio station with everybody else till another hour. I was wearing a black v neck top, black skinnies with detailings of gold spikes and my leopard/cheetah print vans. My curled Afro was wild but I couldn't care less.

" Sure" Alicia said in agreement . She was on the edge of my bed, on her phone. It was apparent that she was texting Crystal , Her best friend, also known as Roc's new girl.

" Alright, let's get going" I said, grabbing my BMW keys and my wallet. I shoved my wallet in my back pocket and turned the lights off. Alicia followed behind me as I said my farewell to my mother. She was on the Living room couch, gossiping up a storm with my two other aunts.

" Yes she wore all yellow and had green and blonde weave in her hair! The stupidity was real!!" My mother bellowed. " Ay dios mio" She then rubbed her temple with her fingers. Alicia and I chuckled at my mother's senseless conversations.

" Bye Jacob And Miss Alicia, you look stunning as usual." My mother said, giving Alicia a warm-hearted smile.

" Thank you Ms. Perez ! And you look gorgeous as usual" Alicia grinned

" Haha thank you sweetie, but you don't have to call me Mrs. Perez. I can be future mother-in-law" my mother smirked as me before laughing.

" Mom!" I exclaimed , feeling my face turn hot " Please stop, continue with your conversation. You know, ghetto girl...ratchet hair?"

" Oh yes! I forgot! And she had the nerve to wear alligator skin-styled loafers!! My goodness! " my mother grimaced, cocking her head back. Alicia and I bursted out laughing.

" See you later mom" I chuckled, letting Alicia pass me through the door first. We then got into my car, roaring the engine to life.

~~

" Your mother is too funny!" Alicia said, taking a spoonful of the yogurt she ordered. Vanilla frozen yogurt with bits of pineapple and coconut .

" Yes, she has her ghetto moments" I shook my head, sticking my spoon in and out of my strawberry frozen yogurt.

" So now I see where you get it from then" Alicia chuckled, tapping her index finger repetitively on her cheek.

" Hey! I am not ghetto!" I jokingly said , in a stern manner. " I'm just.....Ratchet" I then said in a British accent.

" What is it with you and British accents? You know you fail at it so just stick with the Spanish one...it suits you better "

" HaHa" I said sarcastically " You've got jokes Alicia "

We spent my remaining thirty minutes conversing . I tried my best to prevent Alicia from thinking About her father and I accomplished that. She laughed at my jokes and talked about her school. Hearing about her stories, makes my feel grateful that I actually take homeschool . People in her school are so unsanitary from what she told me. Walter Milsap, my manager called me, abruptly halting Alicia and I's conversation.

" Hello?" I questioned, leaning back on the plastic, like green seat.

" Prince?" Walter spoke through the other line . " You know you have an interview in five minutes and you missed the preparation thirty minutes ago... where are you?"

" Oh, something important popped up and I had to miss the preparation...I'll be there as soon as possible though"

" Alright, hurry up please"

With that, I ended the line . Alicia looked at me in curiosity, possibly wondering who I was talking to.

" It was Walter . I missed preparation and I need to be at the radio station in five minutes " I informed Alicia.

" Oh I'm sorry , we shouldn't of have come here then"

" No! It's absolutely fine! So what if I'm late, it's just once so I can care less. But, we should get going."

Alicia nodded in approval and thanked me " Thanks for bringing me here"

" Did I make you happy? " I inquired, intertwining my fingers with Alicia .

" Yeah, Why?"

" That's all it matters then. This was on a short notice so I couldn't do that much as of now " I kissed Alicia's Forehead. In reaction, she giggled, making me smile in bliss. I opened the door for her, shutting it once she got in. I jogged to the other side, opening the driver's door. On our way towards Alicia's house , we bumped out heads to " Money Trees" by Kendrick Lamar.

I pulled up to Alicia's driveway, turning off the engine.

" I really don't even feel like seeing him" Alicia groaned, indicating her father Jermaine.

" I'll go in with you to make you feel better" I reassured Alicia .

" What if he thinks we date?"

" So what? What is he going to do?" I asked, removing my seatbelt .

" I ....don't know" Alicia hesitated.

" Well alright then, it shouldn't be a problem"

I got out of the car and opened the passenger door for Alicia and shut it behind her. We then walked together , up to her front door. Alicia checked her purse, in search for her keys while I leaned by the wall, next to the door. After minutes of her struggling, she finally found her keys. She then unlocked the door, pushing it open.

Alicia's father , or Jermaine was seating in his huge living room , watching basketball on the ESPN channel. He looked calm as ever as he looked at us. How could he look at Alicia in such calmness if she left his house and didn't come back till the next day? What kind of father is he? I'll admit that he gives Alicia anything she wants but he gets a zero pertaining to his daughter's feelings.

" Hey baby girl" Jermaine spoke to Alicia, as if nothing has ever happened. Alicia scoffed and looked at her watch.

" Princeton" Jermaine acknowledged me. I nodded my head in response.

" Alicia I want to talk to you, will you take a seat please ? You too prince?" Jermaine asked, lowering down the volume of his large flat screen TV. Alicia and i obliged Jermaine, reluctantly taking a seat.

" I've been observing you both for the last couple weeks and the connection between you both is a bit abnormal from the other boys" Jermaine began . " Are you guys....in a relationship?" He spoke in hesitation.

Alicia remained silent, leaving me to do all of the talking. Honestly I wasn't afraid of Alicia's father. As buff and intimidating he might look, he's lost all respect from me , due to what he did last night and I wasn't afraid to speak my mind. It was about time he knew anyways , it's been over six months.

" Yes, actually we are and we were together for a little over half of a year" I said proudly . Jermaine's reaction went from pure calmness to raging anger.

" Alicia! You've keep this from me so long and you've decided not to tell me anything ?!" Jermaine bellowed. I couldn't understand the absurdity that was coming out of his mouth. I swear he was so hypocritical , he didn't bother to tell his own daughter about his mistress until after a year. I felt like punching him that immediate moment.

" Mr. Monroe?" I composed myself before continuing . " didn't you have that girlfriend of yours...what's her name...? Oh Andrea and YOU haven't bothered to tell Alicia until after a year and she found out without you telling her?" I knew I was going to lose respect from Jermaine but as of now, I really didn't care. I know you're always supposed to have a bond with your girlfriend's father but Jermaine was too much.

" That's none of your business! I was talking to Alicia!" Jermaine fumed with anger.

" It is true though" Alicia finally spoke " You decide to wait over a year and I had to find out without you even bothering to tell me . Don't come on me, talking about how I didn't tell you what happen when you didn't tell me your girlfriend I never knew about was going to be your wife!!" Alicia yelled. This was the first time I saw Alicia genuinely angry. I was shocked myself.

Jermaine waited momentarily , probably to let Alicia simmer down.

" you know what?" He began himself " You're actually right and I'm Sorry coming on you like that cause I should've told You about Andrea earlier Okay? I didn't want you hurt and I wanted to wait for a decent time"

" The damage is already done, you've already hurt me dad " Alicia said, shaking her head before staring at one if the living room windows, preventing eye contact with her father.

" And I'm sorry baby girl. Believe me if I could rewind all of my mistakes I would. I just want you to forgive me, you're my only daughter and I really care about you. It's just that.....being alone here is not helping. It can't always be just you and I. We all want love and I found that in Andrea."

" What about mom?!" Alicia hissed, furrowing her eyebrows at her father.

" Can we not talk about that right now?"

" Fine" Alicia muttered . Jermaine then rose up from the couch and hugged Alicia .

" Again, I'm sorry ."Jermaine said whilst rubbing Alicia's back. After a few seconds, Jermaine shook my hand.

" You better keep my love happy okay?"

" Of course" I said , before Jermaine man hugged me.

" No sexual activity" Jermaine warned, chuckling. Alicia and I both laughed, our faces turning red.

" I should've told you this earlier too Alicia..." Jermaine spoke. " Umm.. Andrea has a daughter"

Alicia huffed In anger " Really dad!?"

" I'm sorry love, you might even like her... She loves fashion"

" Maybe..." Alicia half smiled.

" Andrea!" Jermaine called out. Then came Andrea, wearing sweatpants and a tank top. She wore fuzzy slippers and flashed a smile to both Alicia and I.

" Before Jermaine says anything, I would like to apologize to you Alicia.." Andrea approached Alicia. " I honestly thought your father told you earlier. If he didn't...I would've told you earlier. I actually was mad when I found out he didn't , it might've not seemed like it but truly i was. I'm sincerely sorry sweetie" Andrea embraced Alicia into a hug, rubbing her back just as Jermaine did.

" It's alright now" Alicia sighed.

" Good, I'm glad we can start off on a good foot. " Andrea grinned. " I would like you to meet my daughter. Your father has told me so much about you and I know my daughter and you would click. You guys have so much in common."

" That's nice " Alicia replied, rubbing her arm in nervousness.

" Let me get her for you" Andrea informed us before ascending up the stairs. Minutes later she came down with a girl who seemed to be a teenager, possibly Andrea's Daughter. She had shoulder-length dark brown hair and she had a tan complexion. She wore Levi jeggings, a beige blouse and her hair was pulled into a pony tail. She looked so familiar.

" This my daughter " Andrea indicated to the teenager, holding on to her shoulders.

I scrutinized Andrea's Daughter closely , knowing that I've seen her somewhere . I even had to take off my shades to make sure I knew her. I stood in an awkward stance , mouth agape. I felt as if my eyes were deceiving me. Kennedy , my ex girlfriend was right across me and was now Alicia's step sister . What a good way to start heat and anger again for the Monroe family.~